Sunday, March 29, 2009

We Miss You, Grandma!


My mom has been here for me starting with the whole labor and delivery until yesterday. She was so much help during the labor that I can't ever imagine doing that without her. When my feet felt weird from the epidural she rubbed them for like a half hour, something that Jared wouldn't/couldn't do. She'd run and get the nurses when I needed something and always put me before herself. During the pushing phase, she was holding one of my legs and in the middle of contractions she wanted to sit down. It was towards the end of the resting period and I wanted her there right when the contraction started so I wouldn't let her sit down. Her back was hurting and she didn't complain at all. I feel bad about it now, but it is so reassuring knowing that my mom will always be there for me.

Most people who know my mom, know that she LOVES taking pictures. If she doesn't get the right one the first, second, or third time, you better believe she is going to ask for another picture. As kids and being older now, we still hate having to pose for pictures all the time. Even though we hate it, I am so appreciative of her. We have so many cool photos from our childhood and great memories that we can look back on because of her. She was awesome at getting tons of pictures after the birth and every day since. Most of the pictures I put up are ones that she has taken. She has such good patience to wait until she gets the perfect shot. I know that I will have a ton of great pictures of Ryan.

The first few nights home, I am pretty sure my mom got the least amount of sleep. She would be up with me when trying to feed him and up with Ryan to let me get a little bit of rest. She cooked and cleaned, and cooked and cleaned, and helped me with anything I needed. She went to all of my appointments with me, answered all my questions about newborns, made sure I was keeping my feet up and getting enough water, and I am so thankful that she was able to be with me for a week. I don't know how I would've done it without her.

I love you so much Mom, and I miss you! I know that Ryan misses you too! Thank you so much for all of your help and make sure to come and visit us often. Everyday works for me! :)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Your story touched my heart and I cried. I really apprecaite to hear your story.

I really enjoyed to be with you and Jared whole time from your labor to yesterday (Saturday, March 28). I left you and I was on the way home. I was sad. I know I love to see you all.

I caught up amount of my sleep. Now I have to study for two tests on wednesday, April 1. I plan to take four classes (8 credits) this summer. I will be big busy. Then I take one class this fall semester, so it will be not bad. I will be nervous to take national test to get a license.

I still enjoy to being grandmother. Smile. I show off my friends my pictures of Ryan on my picture frame carrier. I love it.

Yes, I love to take pictures since my dad gave me old camera (big size) and I put big size film white and black pictures. Until I bought pocket flat camera with 110 size film. After I gradualted high school, I bought 35mm film camera. I still love to take the pictures. It is my hobby. someday I buy a fancy professional camera. I will take pictures of Ryan. Smile.

Have a good day. Thank you again.

Love Mom

Grandma and Grandpa Roush said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mom!!! We really enjoyed reading it. There is no one like a mother to come after a baby is born and give all the right touches and you can feel comfortable with.

Lindsey said...

It is so wonderful to have a mom to help with a first baby and it so much fun to see a new grandma in the making. All your posted pics of Ryan are adorable. Good job Lisa!

Unknown said...

Dear Ryan,

You are soooo cute. Ilove you very much.

Love, Grandma Richards

Kimberly said...

Oh, Shirley! You're little guy is so sweet and cute! Can I come over and cuddle him? Your mom is so cute too. There is nothing like a mom and it's amazing how much more you love and appreciate them after having your own.

Kimmie said...

Yes, moms are so necessary and the best! I cried and cried when I dropped my mom off at the airport. It was such a great help and relief to have someone who knows what they are doing! I am glad you have a great mom!