Thursday, March 19, 2009

Howdy

Apparently I am the lucky guy who gets to take over the blog while Shirley is having the baby. We got here around 4 o'clock and things have been going fine so far. Shirley is progressing a little bit and they just started the Pitocin. I'll try to keep this updated so everyone can know what's going on.


8 comments:

Lanae Hale said...

Good luck, Shirley!! We're all thinking about you!!!

Nancy said...

Haha Shirley your excited face looks so.. exciting! We're just waiting for the go ahead to come up and see you guys.. can't wait! :) I'm going to be an aunt today!!! ahhh!!! You're going to be a Mama today!! :):):)

Anna said...

Oh my goodness!!! I know I've said it a thousand times before but I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!

Shirley- I can completely relate with the nerves. The morning I went in and had James I was so nervous I started shaking INSANELY and I could not stop (and that is before I had my epidural so it wasn't the shakes you can get from that). Anyway, my nerves were SO bad that they wrapped me in super warm blankets (even my head) to try to get me to stop shaking. And as soon as the baby was born they gave me a shot of one of the most calming medicines in the world...thank goodness.

Point of me writing all that...

I know it is so nerve racking to know you're going to be having a baby...SOON...but the end result is SO GREAT (and i know you know that) that a few months from now (when you're finally sleeping through the night again and life is semi-back to normal) you'll look back on the experience and realize that having a baby is really as good as it gets! It's SO good, in fact, that I am jealous of you right now!!! Believe it or not, I'd love to be in horrible labor and deliver a baby tonight...crazy eh? I'm sure I would not be saying that if I was actually in labor...I was a WUS as far as the pain went...

Jenn Oldham said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't wait!!!!! Text me when he gets here I don't care what time it is!

Michael said...

That's exciting. Good luck.

Kimmie said...

Shirley, don't you worry about the pain or discomfort. It ends and after it ends you would do it all again to get to have your baby. I'd do it all again, 3 days of labor, back pains and c-section. You'll be just fine. Things aren't easy, but they work themselves out and you will be just fine. Just love your baby. Enjoy this time! It's so exciting! Just remember it's not easy, but when was anything worth while easy? :)

Jed & Tara said...

Yay!!! I can't wait till tomorrow to come and see you guys(you better have him tonight.) You will do great and we are all thinking about you.

Gary said...

Hey Shirley! I'm excited for you. That's going to make me a grandpa for the first time you know. Good luck with everything. I'm proud of everything you've done up to this point. Thanks for being such a good daughter. You're awesome!

Dad