Wednesday, March 18, 2009

1 Day until D-Day!

Today was a good day! I knew that I needed to do some walking to help the baby drop, but I didn't really have any shopping to do. So luckily, my sister-in-law Tara had the day off and invited me to go hang out with her. We went out to lunch at Cafe Rio and that was delicious as always! Only two more meals until I get my "free meal!"

We went shopping at Costco, which was great for walking! I bought much needed toilet paper (I love being stocked up forever!), pants for Jared, and a cute outfit for Ryan. Jared's favorite animal is a shark so when Tara saw this, I knew I had to get it! I also got one of those delicious berry smoothies. I think toilet paper, berry smoothies, and perhaps diapers now, are reason enough to have a Costco membership.


The cute outfit I got at Costco! I accidentally got my belly in this shot. Sometimes that can't be helped!

We also went to the mall and after two stores I decided I was done. It's amazing how the extra weight makes you so tired. My back and legs are still sore from all the walking I did today. Crazy!

Tonight I made sure to get my t.v. watching in of American Idol. I am not sure who my favorite is; they are all so good! I for sure don't like Scott from Utah, the blind guy. He's a good singer, but he keeps doing the same kind of stuff and I can't imagine him doing anything else. I like Danny, Alison, Kris, Lil, the girl with the short blonde/pink hair, and the other guy who sang on the piano. Like I said, there are so many I like! I don't really care for Adam. His "ring of fire" song was quite weird! I think he will make it to the top three though.

My wonderful niece Kaysi came over tonight and brought me cookies!!! I love her so much! I got to eat Thin Mints and Samoas, mmmm! She also painted my toenails. She is so awesome. I wanted to get my toenails painted all cute before labor, but it's kind of impossible to do, and Jared certainly couldn't do them. So when Kaysi asked if I wanted them done, I was in heaven! They are so cute! Thanks Kaysi!

I told Jared that this might be our last night alone together and that we had better make the most out of it! I think we actually have a few more, but we want to make them special. Do any of you have any memories or suggestions from what you did or wish you did? I'd love to hear them.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Connor's delivery really snuck up on Marcus and I so we never really did anything to enjoy the last of our time alone. However, a few months after he was born we left him with my mother for a weekend and went away together (of course this could be hard if you're breastfeeding...maybe just leave him for an evening). It was weird to leave Connor, but it was SO GREAT for Marcus and I to have some time alone together. And leaving Connor when he was still so young made it easy for him and us to continue doing over the years.

GOOD LUCK! Today could be the day!

Lisa said...

I laughed...Nancy and I must be missing to see you. We went to Cafe Rio, too. Small World. Anyway, Nancy did a good job to do with my teeth. I lied down on the dental chair...almost 3 and half hours. LOL. That is why I bought a lunch for Nancy. She apprecaited it.

I am anixous and very exciting because I will be grandmother soon. Good luck to you, Jared and little Ryan to have a very special day when little Ryan is ready. Maybe...Friday, March 20 smile. There are nice weather...warm days except sunday there will be raining. Wait and see.

I like Anna's idea...you and Jared have a special date to do together alone. I can watch Ryan for few hours as long as you need me.

Have a good day. I love you both and Little Ryan.

Jill said...

We pay for our Costco membersip in just milk, diapers and wipes, but it's very nice to have. And it doesn't hurt to grab a smoothy or hot dog occasionally too. I swear I'm in there every other day buying milk. As for suggestions for your last nights as a family of two, the best thing you could do is sleep. Pretty soon you won't know what sleep is. Just relax and enjoy the time alone.

Missy said...

I think its a great idea to enjoy your last days alone together. I was so miserable I didn't even think of that. I just wanted to be done and I wanted Chris to either leave me alone or rub my back. I wish I had enjoyed those last moments without kids a little more. Its great to have kids, just not quiet.
Even just sitting and listening to nothing together is so very much more preciouse than I ever realized when I had too much of it.
Being able to have a grown up conversation is priceless.
Talk, have long, private, quiet conversations about whatever you want to. You still have a while before Ryan understands what you are saying, but you don't have much longer before he interrupts you.
Theres a lot that kids shouldnt hear in conversations. Anything on the news, for example. Enjoy being able to speak out loud, in general, without fear of being overheard or interrupted.

Jenn Oldham said...

Okay so Adam is satanic to me. I am sure he will make it quite a ways. He just doesn't seem like a very happy person to me and he does not eminate a good feeling. Anyway, I am praying for you to go into labor soon so that I can see baby Ryan OUTSIDE your body instead of in your belly. COME ON BABY RYAN!!!!