Isn't this picture beautiful?! I am so glad I had maternity photos done. Thanks again Holly! I just got back from my 39 week appointment. Here are the stats: Weight gained was 1.4 lbs. Now I am 171.4. BP 104/90something- I never listen to the bottom number, but it was good. Sample was good, heartbeat was 160's, he must've been excited about something! Head down and his back is more in the middle than to my right side. I did get checked today, and I am dilated to a 2, 70% effaced, and at -2 station, which my midwife said is good for a first time mom at 39 weeks. I asked her if he was face down and she said she wasn't positive because she only tapped his head. I was like, tapped his head?! For some reason this makes it seem that much more real to me. She could feel my baby's head! Wow!
She asked if I wanted my membranes stripped today. Even though I am soooo uncomfortable, I really don't want him to come until his due date so I can squeeze more money out of my paid disability. Plus, I have a lot of cleaning left to do. So if I make it to next week, we will strip my membranes then. I'll also get the non-stress test and ultrasound so I kind of hope he doesn't come until then.
I want to thank all of you who commented on my hospital bag post. It really helped so much! I went to Walmart today to buy a nightgown, button up shirt, and underwear (wearing pads with garments just makes me so nervous). I had such a hard time finding a shirt and a stretchy nightgown. After about 20 minutes of looking, I finally decided to forgo it and just wear the hospital gown. I bought a robe specifically for the hospital and can wear it over the gown when I have company and it will be so much easier to just take off the robe and gown when breastfeeding. Your suggestions really helped me come to this conclusion, so thank you!
I am so glad to finally be at this point. I am so excited to meet my little guy and see what Jared and I created. Only 7 more days!
6 comments:
You are so beautiful pregnant woman. It will might be last soon before the baby is born anytime.
Tomorrow I will be gone to DV skiing. I will keep my mobile with me all the times when you need me. I can leave DV and go straight to Provo from DV. Smile. Maybe your baby is not ready until later...right time.
I look foward to see little Ryan. smile.
I love you and Jared both and little Ryan. Good luck!!!
I'm excited for you Shirley! Loved that picture you have there. Truly special. I love you! Dad
YAY YAY YAY! I have to say, I think you are the first person I've ever known who isn't wanting to have an early baby...I understand why, though, and I would probably feel the same way!
Good luck! Keep us posted!
That is such a beautiful picture! Makes me wish I had done that with my babies. You are so beautiful pregnant! BTW, I don't recommend the membrane stripping thing unless you are truly desperate! It is not fun, but, then again, what part of having the doctor poke and prod you down there is, right?
What a neat picture to have! You look beautiful! Wow, any day now, any day with those stats. Take a deep breath and enjoy it. I'll say a prayer for you. It's such an exciting time. :)
I agree with Mom- you really are the cutest, prettiest, most perfect pregnant person I've ever seen. It just fits you so well to be pregnant!
Love these pics! Holly did a great job. Can I have one to post on my fridge? ;) just kidding
Post a Comment