Friday, March 20, 2009

Pictures!



Thanks to Jared for his amazing posts! I know everyone enjoyed them, admittedly, even me! :) Hopefully, he will continue to post on the blog.

I am doing well. I am taking pain medicine for the after-birth pains as much as I can. That definitely helps. I haven't slept yet. So I have been awake for 36 hours and 16 of those was in labor! I am extremely sleepy, but having a hard time laying down to sleep. As soon as I am done posting these pictures, I am out!

Everything seems to be going well. Me and Ryan are doing awesome with breastfeeding, so I am quite relieved! Other than that there isn't much to report. Jared will probably continue to post these next few days, while I relax and recover. Thank you to everyone who read our blog during this amazing time in our lives. We are extremely grateful for this sweet gift we've been given. He is such a joy in our lives already! We appreciate your prayers and well-wishes. We hope that our updates were fun and enjoyable.



Our New Family


Ryan and Mommy


Ryan and Daddy

Ryan with his Grandma Lisa

9 comments:

Gary said...

I love you Shirley and I'm proud of you. I've showed several people on my work route the picture of the baby as I saved an image of him on my pager. I love the posts put here. It has made me feel close as if I were there not missing a thing. What a precious thing it is to see all three of you in the picture, a new family and so touching. Thanks all of you for being YOU.

Love,
Dad / New Gpa

Anna said...

What great pictures! You guys look great!

I am so happy for you! I called Marcus when I read your updates and when I read Ryan was finally born. He was very excited for you guys!

I hope you have finally been able to get some sleep! I think the morning after, when the mommy is finally somewhat rested, is the BEST part of it all. Hope you have a great day! Keep the pictures and updates coming!

Grandma and Grandpa Roush said...

Love you both. I love all of your "family" pictures!!!! They are precious, precious, precious. Grandpa and me are overflowing with joy with rejoicing in our hearts!! Your lives are changed forever and the love you feel for your little Ryan is indescribable. Thx for sharing all these beautiful moments in your life with us.

Simmons Family said...

Yea for you guys!! I am so excited that you have a new cute little addition to your family. You guys are such a cute family!!

Sara said...

Congrats! He's a cutie (Ryan that is :)

Jenn Oldham said...

So fun! I think he looks a lot like Jared=). SO is being a mom just the best!!! Ah, I hope my next five months goes by quickly.

Missy said...

Yaaaay!!! You had your baby. I am so happy for you both! Congratulations. He is beautiful... but you already know that. :)

Lanae Hale said...

Great pictures! Baby Ryan is super cute! I can hardly wait until next week when we come down!!

Kimberly said...

How exciting!! He is adorable and sounds like you endured well. I hope you're getting lots of rest and relaxing as much as you can. These moments with your little one are so precious...enjoy them!! Give him lots of kisses from us...he is so cute!