Ryan has learned what temples look like. You can see our church from our bedroom window and while Ryan was watching the builders dig across the street, he pointed out all the things he could see. Tractor, bulldozer, horses, TEMPLE! Melt my heart! So stinking cute. So now every time we pass a church, I ask him to look out his window and tell me what it is and I love hearing, "temple!"
Ryan doesn't know how to say Yes. He can say YES just doesn't say it when he should. Instead he says the word. Like, "Do you want ice cream?" "Ice cream!" And you understand that he does want it. :) So we've been working on saying YES and now Ryan says "I did." I don't know where that came from, but it's funny! I think he got it from when we would say "Did you do this?" and he would say "I did!" And we would laugh. So from his little mind that meant the same thing as yes. So now we say "Ryan do you want a cookie?" And he says, "I did!" Silly boy!
(He now says YES! And it's so cute because he will think about what he is saying and then says it. I absolutely love my yesser! But the I Did! Was pretty cute too. :)
We were watching TV and we saw a commercial for Nickolodeon's Cruise where there are tons of kids playing in a pool. Ryan says, "Mom! Baptized!" Such a smart boy! We have two books which show baptism that we haven't read in forever and he also watched Lindsay's boyfriend be baptized over a month ago. But he still remembers what baptism is... getting covered in water. :)
Ryan just took his car and said, "Mom! I get gas!" Whenever we get gas, he gets so excited and says, "Gas Station!" I didn't know he really knew what it was, but he definitely associates it with cars. Cute boy. :)
When I make a sad or frustrated sound, Ryan will run up to me and say, "What's wrong, Mommy? What's wrong?" I love it.
Yesterday when I walked into Ryan's room after he woke up, he said, "I woke up!" This just gave me the biggest smile. :) Usually I walk in and I say, "Did you wake up?" And he says, "I did!" So it was fun to have him beat me to it! Today I was putting him down for a nap and I told him that he needed to go to sleep because we would see Daddy when he woke up. He kept playing and playing so I went into his room a few times. The second time I went in, he said, "I wake up!" I laid him down again and he got up and said, "I wake up!" He was so excited to see his Daddy. :)
The other day I hurt myself, not very hard, but enough that I said ouch! Ryan came up to me and said, "You okay, Mommy?" So freaking cute.
I am going to try and keep writing these down and so they will be thrown in with other random posts. :)
Here is the main post now.
Nancy moved to Washington on Saturday (more pics of that later), so we have been trying to spend as much time with her as possible.
She came down one day and spent a few hours with us and Ryan loved it!
But we are so happy for her and Jonathon that they are both graduated now and get to begin a new life together. I hope the best for both of them and hopefully they visit LOTS!
3 comments:
I can't get over how awesome you are at blogging and recording everything that Ryan and Brady do! You are my inspiration..I need to get so much better. Ryan is so smart!!! I feel like I haven't seen you guys for so long. Maybe next week sometime, we need to plan a time to come and meet your little Brady!! You have the most adorable little boys! :-) Hope you all are doing well! :-)
Argh someday I'll remember I have a blog! I came on to post on my blog just for you and then thought I'd wonder on over to your blog and there were three new posts I hadn't seen. This one is, of course, my favorite. I loved getting to spend more time with you lately. And Ryan! And Brady! It's been a lot of fun. I love those little guys! I'm going to need to get all these pictures from you sometime.
I love you and miss you!
lol okay can I Just say I was laughing so hard as I read this blog! I love the things that come out of kids mouths! I can't believe how much Ryan and Brady look like each other, and I love all of Bradys hair!!
Post a Comment