I know this is late, but that's what you get when you have two kids.
I think it was the day after Brady turned one month that I realized he was one month old already. Honestly, I feel like the time is going SO slow. With Ryan, I couldn't believe one month had flown by and with Brady, I felt like I had been a mom to two forever.
Now Brady, it doesn't feel like forever because you're a bad baby. It's the complete opposite. You are the best baby! You are so cute and calm and happy and such a wonderful sleeper! It's mostly me trying to get used to having a two-year-old named Ryan who used to get all my attention and only gets 75% of it now. :)
You have been the best little baby.
You eat well, you sleep well, and you only cry when you're hungry or tired.
Easy.
It's been a little harder since you got your harness on, but I don't blame you. You had a rough time sleeping until we remembered how we used to swaddle Ryan. We put a receiving blanket down, make it a triangle, and then put the corners over your arms and under your back. Perfect! Arms are kept down and your legs aren't squished by a swaddle. Since we've done this you are back to sleeping at least 6 hours straight at night. Hallelujah!
Since Brady is sleeping more at night, I'm busy back at work during naps. :)
Brady at one month weighed 12 pounds, I think. He is at 13 pounds now. He is a chub and I love it. He has started smiling, but makes you work super hard for that smile. He was doing great with his head control, but it's gone down a little since getting the harness since it helps hold his head and we can't really do tummy time. He makes great eye contact and loves watching mobiles.
Brady eats well, but I think he is tongue tied. I have to ask his doctor about it. While he's eating, he'll gulp lots of air and it hurts sometimes for me. Hopefully, if he is, they can do something about it.
Ryan absolutely loves his little brother. He wants to be around him constantly if they are both awake. He talks to Brady in a higher pitched voice (like the rest of us) and he loves to make him smile. Ryan hasn't been jealous one bit! I can't wait until they are playing together. :)
I tried to take Brady's one month pictures a few days before he actually turned one month, but our plans came to a halt. I took ONE picture before Ryan stole the camera and broke it so the lens wouldn't shut and was stuck partially open. So this is the one picture I took. :)
(Don't worry, my smart hubby fixed the camera. :)
I took some about a week after his one month birthday, but he wasn't as happy as he was earlier and I tried some other things. I didn't get the pictures I wanted, but he's still a cutie and this gives you a great idea of what he looks like at one month.



My cousin Brittany knitted this super cute blanket for Brady!


We love having Brady in our family.
He fits perfectly in every way. :)
I think it was the day after Brady turned one month that I realized he was one month old already. Honestly, I feel like the time is going SO slow. With Ryan, I couldn't believe one month had flown by and with Brady, I felt like I had been a mom to two forever.
Now Brady, it doesn't feel like forever because you're a bad baby. It's the complete opposite. You are the best baby! You are so cute and calm and happy and such a wonderful sleeper! It's mostly me trying to get used to having a two-year-old named Ryan who used to get all my attention and only gets 75% of it now. :)
You have been the best little baby.
You eat well, you sleep well, and you only cry when you're hungry or tired.
Easy.
It's been a little harder since you got your harness on, but I don't blame you. You had a rough time sleeping until we remembered how we used to swaddle Ryan. We put a receiving blanket down, make it a triangle, and then put the corners over your arms and under your back. Perfect! Arms are kept down and your legs aren't squished by a swaddle. Since we've done this you are back to sleeping at least 6 hours straight at night. Hallelujah!
Since Brady is sleeping more at night, I'm busy back at work during naps. :)
Brady at one month weighed 12 pounds, I think. He is at 13 pounds now. He is a chub and I love it. He has started smiling, but makes you work super hard for that smile. He was doing great with his head control, but it's gone down a little since getting the harness since it helps hold his head and we can't really do tummy time. He makes great eye contact and loves watching mobiles.
Brady eats well, but I think he is tongue tied. I have to ask his doctor about it. While he's eating, he'll gulp lots of air and it hurts sometimes for me. Hopefully, if he is, they can do something about it.
Ryan absolutely loves his little brother. He wants to be around him constantly if they are both awake. He talks to Brady in a higher pitched voice (like the rest of us) and he loves to make him smile. Ryan hasn't been jealous one bit! I can't wait until they are playing together. :)
I tried to take Brady's one month pictures a few days before he actually turned one month, but our plans came to a halt. I took ONE picture before Ryan stole the camera and broke it so the lens wouldn't shut and was stuck partially open. So this is the one picture I took. :)
(Don't worry, my smart hubby fixed the camera. :)
I took some about a week after his one month birthday, but he wasn't as happy as he was earlier and I tried some other things. I didn't get the pictures I wanted, but he's still a cutie and this gives you a great idea of what he looks like at one month.


My cousin Brittany knitted this super cute blanket for Brady!

We love having Brady in our family.He fits perfectly in every way. :)
6 comments:
So glad he is back to sleeping for you! That would be rough.
Let us know for sure when you go outside. Luke would love to come play in the water!
You are lucky your camera was fixable! Mine just broke too and I am bummed. That one pic you got was SUPER cute though! It is fun to read your updates with a new baby! I am so scared, but you help me feel a little more reassured to have two kids!
Cannon is tongue tied too. We never had it clipped since he could nurse well when he was a baby. His pediatrician said she will probably just leave it alone unless he starts having speech issues.
Cannon really liked that video of Ryan hitting the baseball! He wanted to watch it over and over again! I have to say that he has pretty good eye-hand coordination. Cannon hits left handed too.
What's tongue tied?
Awww... he is so cute! You seem to be adjusting very well Shirley! I can't believe I didn't post a comment when I first read this.
Oh he is so cute!!!! i can't believe he is a month old! Time really does fly! Ty just turned 4 months today, and I am so sad I miss my tiny newborn!
Post a Comment