Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Island Park 2011

This year was a lot of fun and a lot of work!

It pretty much snowed the whole time so everyone had to stay indoors. It was pretty crazy! And then add to that that Ryan was a little over stimulated with all the people that he was acting out and hitting and pushing and being a very naughty little boy. He also woke up around 5 am every morning and we had to work on him getting back to sleep.

I was hoping to have a vacation from being a mom and get some rest, but it turned out to be the opposite. :) I didn't get to hold Brady very much, and he was taken care of by all his aunts, uncles, and cousins. This is why I love to breastfeed. Only I can do it, and then I can hold my baby for a little bit. :)

Anyway, I am horrible at taking pictures with Jared's family so I will be posting all that I took and others took. It's a big change from my family where I put up probably 25% of the pictures taken. :)

On the ride up to Island Park, Ryan fell asleep really early and it was so nice to have some peace and quiet! He looked really cute too. :)

Tell me your kids that are front facing sleep this comfortably! lol This is one of the reasons I keep rear facing (besides it being 5 times safer), Ryan is SO comfortable when he falls asleep.
I want a car seat! :)

Ryan with Uncle Dennis and Jace

Pretty much all we do up at Island Park is go swimming, play lots and lots and lots of games, watch a few movies, and eat A LOT! It's so much fun to be with family! I really lucked out to have the Hales as my in-laws.

Ryan does awesome with his floaties! Much better than life jackets. Now we just have to teach him how to paddle.

Here is a video of Ryan swimming.


Here is proof of the kind of stinker Ryan was being. Before this was taken I was saying "Ryan, get off of Jace!!" Ryan just slowly kept pressing back and poor Jace was pinned in his chair. It does make a really funny picture though! :)

Here is what it looked like everyday. It was warm enough that it didn't stick too badly, but it snowed everyday and left it really muddy so Ryan couldn't go out and play without getting extremely muddy. There was one day all the kids went out and played on the playground. Sam and her boyfriend, Michael, took Ryan out for us and he was out for over two hours. Thanks so much to Michael for watching him!!!

Here is a video of it snowing. I don't think the picture does it justice.


On the last day when everyone had packed up, the kids were wrestling. Ryan LOVED it! Alyson was a good sport and wrestled with him. After everyone had left, he stopped being such a little stinker. He was actually nice and played with Jace. It was so cute! I felt really relieved that he hadn't just turned into a big bully. He just didn't handle all the crowdiness well.

As per tradition, we stopped by Big Jud's on the way home and got our Pound Burger. We always share it, and this year I think I could've eaten more. Dang breastfeeding. :) It also comes with fries and ice cream, yum!

We had a great time in Island Park and we look forward to it every year! I hope next year we actually see some sun though. :)

7 comments:

Jefra said...

What a fun time! Ryan did great with his floaters. Cannon has lost ALL of his swimming abilities that he had last year, so I'm pretty bummed about that. But I think we'll get lots of practice in Florida. I love the pictures of the boys all snug and cozy in their car seats!

Laura said...

That's great! Yes, vacations are not so much vacations as a mom unless you leave the kids at home. :) My dad has a timeshare in Island Park - so if we ever use it, I'll need to hit you up for info - all the fun things to do and best places to eat!

Nichol Family said...

Sounds like a fun time. Your boys are cute!

Emily :) said...

Ryan is amazing with those little floaters! SOOO CUTE!! Sounds like you had a great time! And the picture of Ryan squishing that kid made me LOL! :)

Dwaine and Dorothy said...

Does the weather man know that it is June it should not be snowing. Glad you had fun.

The Larchars said...

I just recently heard about that place- it sounds like so much fun! And that burger is amazing! Ryan is so funny relaxing like that- you are lucky he lets you keep him facing backward still!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

This looks like a blast!!!!!! I want to go! :) lol I love the last picture of Jared and his "small" he he he sandwich :)