Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ryan Lately

I just wanted to post some fun pictures and stories about Ryan.

He is growing up SO fast, I can hardly believe it.

Like today, he asked me to hold his pacifiers. He said "Mommy, hold these please." THESE meaning plural. He is so stinking smart, and I love it.

Today he came up to me and said "Spider!"

He had put together these sticks and block and realized he made a spider. I LOVE it! It is so fun to see his imagination coming out. I screamed and he chased me. I tried to take a picture but he threw it just as I clicked the camera. Luckily, he put it back together and then ran away from it himself, saying his favorite words right now, "I scared." Some days I hear those words over 100 times. He says it when he really is scared or when he doesn't want to do something like get in his high chair. :)

Anyway, here are some pictures and a video of the spider.


Today we went to Macey's for dinner. Spanish Fork is having a Wild West Days and Macey's was having a little pre-celebration and serving chicken dinner for only $1! Who could pass that up!? :)

Well we got into the car, Jared put the baby in, and I had Ryan. I put Ryan in his car seat and he wanted his sandals on so I was trying to put them on for him. He insisted that he do it himself and I got frustrated so I just let him do it.

We started back out of the garage and driveway when this cute little blonde boy pops up behind us and says, "Hi Dad!" with a big grin! Jared said, "Hi Ryan!" And I said, "Oh my gosh! I forgot to buckle him in!" lol We had a very big laugh about that. Thankfully, Ryan doesn't ever sit very long so he reminded us that we needed to do that before driving any further!

He loves loves loves Brady. He doesn't show any signs of jealousy that I can see. But, he does like Brady's things. I never can put Brady in his car seat without having to undo the buckle. If Brady isn't in there and Ryan sees it undone, he makes sure to buckle it right up!

Another thing he's liked doing is getting in the baby swing, even though he is WAY too heavy for it. Silly boy!

Ryan loves to copy what we're saying all the time. He just randomly picks a word and says it over and over and really loudly. Sometimes it is a word that a little child probably shouldn't be saying, so we get a nice reminder that maybe we shouldn't be saying it either. :)

Today we went to visit Jared's sister Tara and her sweet babies. The front desk didn't want to let Ryan be in the waiting room for pediatrics, even though that was the best place for him. Finally she let us since we weren't going to be too long. While we were walking away, Tara was whispering and saying something about how that rule was stupid and Ryan yells, "That's STUPID!" Totally in earshot of the front desk person. Of course we laughed because we were so surprised and he said it again and again. And if you tell a little child to shush, they say it more and louder. We really need to watch what we say I guess!

I love seeing him grow up and learn new things. He is a crazy little kid and such a handful, but so fun too. He talks really well and his pronunciation is amazing. We were reading a book about bugs today and one of them was a caterpillar. He said it perfectly!

He also remembers stuff after seeing it once or from a long time ago. We had a book about a month ago that had an octopus in it. During lunch today while watching some cartoon, Ryan said Opus. I had no idea what he was saying until I looked at the TV and there was an octopus there. I was so surprised he knew what it was. He is such a smart little boy and is going to be just like his Daddy.

He also sang a full song today from his Pal, Scout and got most of the words.

My and my friend, Ryan!
We like to do everything together.
Like jump up and down, jump jump jump.
And wag our tails, waggle waggle waggle.
And snuggle up, snuggle snuggle snuggle.

It was so fun to listen to him singing the song. Jared and I were just waiting for him to stop because he didn't know the rest or couldn't remember the words, but he just kept going and finished most of it!

Today we were reading his counting book and he counted, 1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9 11 12. He missed 4 and 10, but still! I was surprised he got that many and even the 11 12 made me really smile.

Man, he is growing up so fast! I love him so much and even though he is a crazy little handful, I wouldn't trade him for the world.

Love you Ryan!

2 comments:

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

What a smarty pants! I love the "spider"!

Kimmie said...

he's so smart! I love it.