Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Not Labor

This morning I woke up with contractions that were 5 minutes apart and about a minute long. They weren't extremely painful, but when would they be? I didn't want Jared to go to work just in case I needed him to turn right around.

I was induced with Ryan so I have no idea what it is like to go into labor. I hate that I might have to experience it. :)

Anyway, the contractions pretty much went away and we're back at square one.

Jared went to work around 12 pm and my mom came down just in case to help with Ryan. We took a long walk and that just made the contractions pretty much go away. Who knew?

I'm kind of glad because I was really nervous about having a baby two weeks early. But I will definitely take him when he comes.

Maybe it will be tomorrow... we'll see. :)

3 comments:

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Oh man! I bet you were hoping! Well, they come when they're ready, that's for sure! If they'd been the real thing the walk would have made them stronger. Hang in there! :)

Lisa said...

You are lucky because your baby doesn't born on 13rd because friends tease and tell about "Friday 13th" is bad day. LOL.

Hang and patience until the baby is ready to go out.

Don't forget to focus contraction, not at minutes apart. Focus contraction...how long last.

If you don't feel pain, if you walk or talk or laugh...the pain goes away during contraction. It means not ready. Don't worry about minutes apart.

If you feel pain like you CAN'T walk or talk or laugh...and you can't stand it. Contraction will last 60 seconds, repeat, repeat then next step is focus minuates apart.

Shirley, Jared and Ryan...good luck to have add a new family member soon :)

I love you.

Kimmie said...

The guessing game is torturious! We had the same conversation when I was in hard labor before Clay was born. "Should I go to school? Yes or no?" Then I was just sobbing because my contractions were like 20 minutes apart. Just how it goes. I have a feeling you will know. Or cross your fingers that your water will break and that will solve that mystery. :) I am so excited for you chicka!! good luck! We will be thinking of you!