This is Jared, but I'm too lazy to log out and post under my own name. They just broke Shirley's water and she is dilated to a 5 1/2 or so. They are going to check her again in 1 hour, so hopefully she will progress a lot in the next little bit. Originally the doctor was supposed to come break her water at 12 o'clock, but he was an hour and fifteen minutes late. Shirley was kind of mad because she is starving and she can't eat until she's done pushing out the new kid.
On another note, Shirley wanted to make sure she got the epidural before it started hurting, so she got one about 2 or 3 hours ago. Now she is sad because she can't feel her legs at all and she is on the lowest dose they do here. The doctor said the only thing that will make her legs feel better is if he turns off the epidural completely, so it looks like my wife will remain legless for the remainder of the labor. I'll try to post in another hour after they check her again to keep you all updated.
3 comments:
Thanks for the update, Jared! I seriously love your sense of humor! LOL Good luck, Shirley!!!! So excited for you guys!!
Thanks for updating! This is so fun to read while I'm bored at work! I loved "pushing out the new kid" That's such a husband thing to say hahah
I love this! Jared you are too funny! Shirley, I would not handle an epidural well. I think I would have an anxiety attack if I couldn't feel my feet!
Keep the updates coming! Im thinking about your beautiful family :)
Post a Comment