We're still pregnant!
And I am totally okay with that. :)
Actually, this little baby can come any time after Sunday. We don't want to miss out on all the fun Easter festivities.
If he doesn't come early, that's okay. We're excited to meet him on Wednesday!
Here is a 39 week picture. I took it the opposite way so you can compare better with my 39 week picture with Ryan.
You can make your own conclusions. :)
My 39 week appointment went well. Everything looked good. The doctor didn't want to check me because I was already dilated enough at 38 weeks to schedule an induction, but I wanted to know. He said that I am not quite a 3, so we could call it a 2+. Didn't say anything about effacement. Said the baby was still not really engaged, but with 2nd time moms, babies don't drop until right before labor. He also was different from the dr last week and measured me at 38 weeks. So apparently I shrunk two weeks. :) I take their measurements now with a grain of salt.
I asked a lot of questions about the scheduled induction and he said, "You know you can go into labor before then." I was like, "yeah I know, but who really cares? I have to go about my life as if he isn't coming until Wednesday." I guess I seemed really in denial about the fact that he could come early because the doctor repeatedly told me I could go earlier. Jared also reminds me of this fact when I go anywhere. He doesn't like me to drive farther than 20 minutes away from Provo. :) I told the dr. to not worry and that if I go into labor, I'll be at the hospital. I still think I will make it to Wednesday though.
I guess that's that! Baby is moving great and I'm feeling pretty good for my current status. He still doesn't have a name, but it will probably be between Brady and Tanner. I just want to see him first.
And if I haven't blogged or been on Facebook, it's not because I've had the baby, I promise! If we go into labor, or something happens, I will make sure the world knows. (Mom, seriously, you will be the first one we call, so if I don't answer a text for hours, it is not because I am in labor or had the baby. You can stop worrying. :)
5 comments:
It's funny how everyone thinks your out having a baby if you aren't answering right away. I was a little slow at answering the door and my mother in law thought I must be in labor at the hospital. I don't think I will go earlier than my induction date and I don't worry about going early. Now that I said that I will probably go into labor during jakes graduation.
I sent mom a text today and she replied and said "Oh darn, I thought it was a text from Shirley that she was having her baby." LOL
So, she is anxiously waiting for baby Tanner/Brady to come! :)
See you tomorrow (Even though it is past 20 minutes away from your hospital!!)
And, of course, this is Nancy. Love you!
oh how fun!!! Wed is the day then!!! YES!! I am so excited for you!!! and I looked very close at both pictures for a long time and I really think that you look smaller with this baby then Ryan. I am so excited!!!
You look amazing Shirley! I am so incredibly excited for you! I never got excited like this when people had babies until after I had AliCherie. It is such an amazing experience. Now I get why people hounded me while I was anxiously awaiting for my tardy baby. They were *almost* as excited as I was! I hope everything goes perfect for you. I have all these questions for you. Like what is Ryan going to be doing while you are in the hospital? When will he meet his brother? What is your plan for the first few weeks? And of course, I can't wait until he comes and you can tell me what it is like to have two kiddos. Oh, and for you to tell me how it is even possible to love another child as much as we love our firsts. Seriously! I guess we think our hearts are full now but they just keep getting bigger? lol. I'll be thinking of you Shirley!!!! :)
Post a Comment