Saturday, April 9, 2011

37 Weeks


Yay! Full Term!

I had my 37 week appointment on Friday. My friend Laura watched Ryan for me, and it was so nice and weird not having Ryan there with me. :)

I have no idea what the weight was because I go by my own scale, and I haven't stepped on it for awhile. I think I am close to 170 pounds. That puts me at 30 pounds up. I am starting to swell up, and there really isn't much controlling that.

Blood pressure was great, fundal height was at 37 inches (I think the other doctor measures big), heart beat was great at 140 bpm. The baby moved when he put the doppler on and the doctor looked at me like "did you feel that!? He moved!" I don't know why it is so exciting to them! lol I told him that the only time I have to wonder about baby movement is when I am not paying attention. This little guy moves ALL the time. I don't even have to push to get him moving, I just have to pay attention.

Now onto the good stuff!

I am dilated to a 1, almost a 2, but not quite.
50% effaced
-3 station

What this means to me? Absolutely nothing. :) I know I can go into labor any time or I can go over due. I never like to get my hopes up so over due it is.

But at least I know that things are moving and when we get to 40 weeks, I should be good to go for an induction.

I talked to the doctor about my concern of low fluid, like I had with Ryan. He said we could check it so we headed down to get an ultrasound. The fluid is at a 13, which is perfectly normal, and he said it should stay normal and have no problems. Great!

He said something funny when he was checking the 4 areas for fluid. When he got to the 3rd area, he said "do you know what you're having?" I said, "yes, a boy." He said, "that's right! All I can see in this area is his scrotum." lol Well I am glad we're still having a boy... a definite boy! :)

Ryan went to stay with Grandma this weekend and Jared and I have been getting everything put away and organized and cleaned for the baby. We are pretty much done! I still need to pack my hospital bag, but really other than that, we are good to go. Now Ryan just needs to leave all the baby stuff alone and we'll be good. We'll see. :)

I just wanted to share one more thing. The shirt I am wearing in the above picture, I bought about two or three months ago. When I tried it on, I thought it was huge and looked like a tent. But I bought it anyway because I thought it would be comfy in the 9th month. I am SO glad I bought it!!! It's like one of the few shirts that still barely fit! I think they need to sell maternity shirts in S, M, L and 2nd trimester and 3rd trimester. What fits you at 27 weeks, will probably not fit you at 36 weeks. So sad.

Anyway, we're chugging along. Only 19 days to go!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Sheesh, that is one big belly for your tiny little body! I think he'll run out of room and come a week early :-)

:: ashley :: said...

you are so tiny he has no where to go but out! you look darling! good luck!

Lisa said...

Shirley,

I don't hear from you all day. I thought you were gone to the hospital but I recently got Jared's message "We aretaking nap" now I am relieved. I know you both are allright.

Ryan stayed with me for weekend. I took him to my church. He was very shy. While sacrement meeting he was very quiet and stayed with me whole time when he played with toy cars, read books and ate snack. He is a good boy. I took him to the nursey. He was scared and held me. I stayed with him until he started to play. I stepped to leave. He was fine until sharing time story. He cried and freaked out. The teacher found me and I stayed with him. He played and kept his eye on me LOL. He doesn't want share or play with other kids. He wanted to play himself. He ate snack himself. He is cute.

I took Ryan to Churck E Cheese...there were too many people so Ryan doesn't like to be there. I ordered middle size pizza and it cost me $14.00. Ryan loves to play bowling and ping pang balls that he threw. He loved ones.

I will miss him when his mommy and daddy take him home today. I will look forward to take care of Ryan when his mommy and daddy have a new baby. Good Luck!!!

I love you. I am exciting about a new baby soon.

erikface said...

looking good lady! you wear your baby well! I can't believe how close you are!! It goes by so much faster when it's not your pregnancy. I can't wait to see your sweet boy. You are awesome. :)

Unknown said...

That is so soon! Im excited for you!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

All I can see is scrotum! Bahahaha! Sorry! I almost spit out my diet coke! Looks like things are coming along. I hope everything goes smoothly. That's awesome that your blood pressure and everything is so good. Mine is through the roof at the end of my pregnancies!