Our Easter celebration was over two days.
We spent Saturday staying at home and doing things with our little family.
I got an Easter egg painting kit that turned out to not be that good. I thought Ryan would enjoy the finger painting better than dying eggs, but I think we'll stick with dying eggs next year. But Ryan did have a lot of fun! He loved talking about the colors and mixing them and painting himself too!
Here is a video of Ryan painting his eggs.
After we painted our eggs, we washed them off and had Egg Salad sandwiches for lunch. Ryan LOVED them and asked for more twice!
After lunch, we put Ryan down for a nap and got some things done before the baby comes this week. I even packed my hospital bag! Go me! :)
We put candy in plastic eggs and hid them around the kitchen and living room for Ryan's own personal Easter Egg Hunt. We have a video of him finding the eggs. He did so good!
After the egg hunt, we went out to eat at a pizza place in Spanish Fork. Our favorite quick pizza place, Dominoes, went out of business. :( I've been wanting to try out Two Jack's Pizza for awhile and we got a coupon in the mail! So we went and tried it out. It was yummy! And we saw our good friends, the Heiers, there and it was fun to see them!
We had such a fun day with our little family and it's crazy that we're going to be a family of four in a couple of days! I'm glad we got to have a little bit of fun with Ryan as an only child before his world completely changes. :)
On Sunday, we did so good and went to all of church! Usually I am pretty tired and so we go to the last two hours, but we tried extra hard and were able to go to all three.
I had to wake poor Ryan up. Yes, my child sleeps in after 8 am. He loves me. :)
When I bought all the candy, it was before lunch and I was starving. I admit, I bought more than I should have and most of it was for me. This Easter morning Ryan had a Cadbury egg for breakfast. He refused to eat anything else. Maybe I'll tone down the candy next year! :)
Here is a video of him naming the pictures. You can tell he loves being funny. :)
Here is Ryan all dressed up for Easter! I made the tie for The Ribbon Retreat Blog, and I love the bright yellow color. I just wish I had a model child. haha. When do they start standing still and smiling for the camera? Since I have to post pictures for the blog, I tried so hard to get a good one of his whole outfit (mostly the tie). He ended up crying. Oh well! :)
After the baptism we headed over to my mom's house for dinner. We were a little late and kept everyone waiting. They wanted to be sure to document it. :)
My mom always goes all out for holidays, and she didn't disappoint this Easter! The table was decorated so cute and the food was delicious!
Today we celebrate Christ's resurrection, and such a big part of that is being able to live with our families again. I am extremely blessed to have the families that I have, and I am so happy to be adding to it this week. I love this holiday that reminds me of what blessings are in store for me, if I do my best with my life here on this earth. Sometimes it's easy to forget, and today was really a reminder of what I need to be doing so my family can receive these blessings.
I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and all he did for us. I am grateful for the plan of salvation and the knowledge that I have of my purpose here on earth. It is such a beautiful blessing.
I am so happy I am a wife to a wonderful husband and mother to a wonderful son. He is my little buddy! I just love him so much. And I am so excited to meet my new son in a few days!
Happy Easter!
5 comments:
Ryan is soooo cute.
He understand about Easter...he will learn new holidays this year. Remember he understood about Halloween and ran to get candies.
Funny thing you guys arrived. I showed Ryan Easter basket but he threw it on the floor and looked for things around my house. I picked him up to go outside. I filmed the video and he picked the eggs up and listened to the eggs when he shook them. Cute.
Yes he was wild and enjoyed...loved to sit with Steven, Nancy and Jon. I love him.
Time for you guys go home. I changed him clothes to pajam. He doesn't want me to take his clothes off. He cried as everyone laughed. He finally let it go and I put him the pajams. He kissed me very short and his tongue out to my mouth. His father Jared is bad boy becaue he told Ryan to do it and he thought Ryan won't do but Ryan DID. Everyone laughed.
I enjoy and love holiday decorate and dinners. Easter is last for Nancy and Jonathon. They will move to Washington in June this year. I will miss them very much!!!
Now I am looking forward you to have add new family member soon...a new baby comes out soon.
Happy Easter!!!
One more thing I loved to see Ryan looks over or under or watch Jared do the eggs. He is sooo cute.
Jonathon and I were laughing really hard for your video when Ryan was going through his easter egg basket and naming off all the people in the pictures. Jonathon LOVED that he kept calling them hat. LOL He is hilarious. What a little jokester! It was fun yesterday. I love you!
"Cookie Monster" hahaha! I loved this post. Looks like Ryan had fun painting eggs! That video of him finding eggs was soooo cute! I loved when he'd shake some eggs to make sure candy was in them. He is just too cute!
Happy Easter! Ryan is too cute!
Post a Comment