Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it is 2010 already! I don't think I have ever been so excited for a new year to come. I've always had things I'm working towards like finishing school, getting a job, and trying to have a baby, but never anything that will take me the whole year that I can start right at the beginning.

I've always said lose weight, or at least start exercising, like everyone else. Of course, it is part of my resolutions this year as well, but what I'm excited about it is my plan. I have a plan!! I am going to be more organized and things are going to get done. This starts now and I can't wait to see the results at the end of the year! To hear more about my plan and resolutions, I'll be posting on my fitness blog.

Last night my mom came over, which was so nice! We were invited by some people in the ward to come to their house and eat waffles and play rock band. I LOVE rock band! At first I thought we couldn't go because of Ryan, but then my mom came and was able to watch him. It's so nice to get a head start on making friends in the ward. Our last apartment, it took us 2 whole years to make some good friends, who happened to be our neighbors! We met these guys at the ward Christmas party and they are really cool. We had a great time! We came home before 12 because I didn't want my mom to spend it alone.

My mom has always made a cake and as soon as it hit midnight we would sing happy birthday to the new year. It's a fun tradition I'd like to keep with my kids. Even though Ryan was sleeping we did it last night. We ate cake and drank sparkling cider. It was fun! :)

Even though 2009 was the most awesome year for us, I am more excited for 2010. There is going to be a lot less uncertainty and we can enjoy our lives right now. I am pretty sure I didn't enjoy the 1st three months of 2009 and then the whole summer with no income and then living at my mom's where we didn't have a ton of space. These were all good things that we've learned from, but SO excited to be in our new house, watch our cutie baby grow, see Jared enjoying his work, and work on enriching my life through so many things.

We didn't get any pictures last night. We left our camera battery charger at my Grandma's in Salt Lake City. My mom was supposed to bring it, but she forgot. SO since there are no pictures, I am going to put in a few (okay, more like a TON) favorite pictures from last year. Enjoy!


10 comments:

Gary said...

You've had a great year! Having a kid changes your lives in many ways doesn't it? Love you both! And Happy New Year 2010!

Jefra said...

Great pictures! That was fun to see.

The Larchars said...

Wow- what a challenging and exciting year all in one. Those pictures really capture a lot. That was cool! So funny to see you holding Ryan with the cat on your lap!!!
Happy New Year!

Just the 3 of us said...

That last picture is such a beautiful family picture! Love it :) Happy New Year! and I hope your resolution works well for ya!

Missy said...

Happy new year! :) I still have your Christmas card. I've had it since the middle of December and still havn't mailed it. Sigh. I loved your card.

Mel said...

Great pictures. And yeah for a new year! I can't wait to have a house of my own. But for now, our condo works! Greg has 2 more years until he has his PhD in Engineering. Hope this next year goes great for you!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

Ah I can't believe how far behind I am on your blog! Life has been so crazy I forget how much time newborns really take up ha ha! But all your pictures are so much fun! I can not believe how much Ryan has grown over the year! Its so much fun as they grow! And I must saw, in looking at the pictures it looks like you have lost lots of weight over the year as well! Thats super great! I can't wait to go and check your fitness blog next and see your new year plan and stuff!

Emily :) said...

WOW.. so many wonderful things have happened for your family this year. It was so much fun to review all of your pictures from last year!!! Happy New Years!

Lisa said...

Wow your pictures are "order" throughout one year. It is very interesting. They are so cute.

You are smart than everyone. I am proud of you and I love you.

2009 is best for you because you have Ryan born in March, then Jared graduated from BYU in August and few weeks he got a job. Then you got a new house. Cool!!! That is why year 2009 is best for you and family.

For me...2007 was best for me...I volunteered for deaflympics. And Brighton, Alta, Deer Valley and Park City...I got all free ski passes. I had good time on skiing. Then I flew to Nauvoo for deaf conference there. 2007 was wonderful for me LOL.

Happy New Year 2010!!!

Cody and Maegan Graham said...

Shirley, Ryan is adorable! I'm so glad I get to see what you're up to and keep in touch! Love ya!