
Yep, you read that right. 10 months old! It's not even the fact that he is 10 months old now, but that he is TWO months away from being ONE year old! I can't believe it!
Ryan is the cutest little boy. He has a contagious smile (when he does smile in public!) and is very independent. He likes to play with anything and everything. Especially things that don't count as toys, like baby medicine bottles, diapers, ALL cords, tupperware, phones, remote controls, DVD's, socks, ANYTHING! I try to switch out his toys every week so old toys seem new. It seems to work pretty well. He loves to play with his cellphone that Grandma Lisa gave him for Christmas and he loves to play with his car.

He also loves books. He especially likes books that you can do stuff with. There is a Winnie the Pooh book that has tabs you pull on to find things behind them. He knows exactly where they are and can pull them down every time. I need to get him some more books that are interactive like that.

SLEEP. This has been a big one for awhile. He is now going to sleep for bed time and at naps without being rocked or swaddled. About half of the time he will just lay down and go to sleep, the other half, he cries/plays for an hour or so or even longer. Nights are the best still. He will go right to sleep. Nap time is a different story. I have to time when he needs a nap perfectly and it is so hard! The other day I put him down two hours after waking up and he went right to sleep. Another day I did the same two hours and he cried and cried until I picked him up and let him play for about 15 minutes and then put him back in his crib and he went to sleep. This morning I let him stay up for two and a half hours and he went right to sleep. I tried that same time frame for his afternoon nap and he's been playing/crying in his crib for the past hour. This just goes to show, once you think you got it, you really don't.



He likes to throw things out of his crib too. He constantly throws his pacifier out as well as his blankets and stuffed animals. I bet you can tell this makes for one happy momma! :) I think he is working on standing and walking, so he doesn't want to sleep and give up some practice time! Since he is sleeping in his crib for naps without being swaddled, I've been super camera happy. I love sleeping babies!!!



Ryan loves getting into stuff and will spend a ton of time on just one thing. He has learned to open and close doors, turn on and off light switches, open cupboards and pull things out (we need to get those plastic thingys stat!), getting into the refrigerator, climbing up onto everything (I can't believe the stuff he can reach!






He was pushing this chair across the room. I thought it was so funny, I had to take a picture!

He loves this car. He likes to open and shut the seat. I tried to put things inside of it to hide, but he didn't like that much. He does copy me, but puts fake things in and out, just not his real precious toys.

He loves to get up on this step. He fell the first couple of times, but is really good about stepping down now. He likes to stand there and yell for Daddy or at Sassy.

On my Snow Day post, I said that it would be nice if Ryan had some boots. Well, I should've known that when I say I need anything for Ryan, Grandma is there to provide. She found these cute boots at the DI. He can't really walk in them, but he still looked cute. He kept looking down at them. It was hilarious to see him lifting his leg, curious about why it was so much heavier. If only I got a video!



His nursing has come along a lot better. I cut out the cereal I was feeding him at all three of his meals. Now he only gets cereal in the morning with pureed fruit and his vitamins. Interestingly enough, we just started giving him his vitamins this past week and he immediately got a cold. lol. I thought they were supposed to help with that kind of stuff! He has also started signing "More." It is so dang cute! He has done it right, but he mostly just puts both of his hands on his mouth over and over. I am sure he will get the correct sign soon!
For lunch and dinner, he gets just regular table food. He always has a fruit or veggie and we usually give him some beans once a day too. My biggest find this month was canned fruit cocktail. It has a good variety of fruit and they are already cut up into baby pieces! He likes to eat anything. The only thing that he hasn't liked are yams. I bought a big things of canned yams and he refused to eat them. He also likes to eat stuff off the floor. I have to be sure to sweep everyday!
We bought a new car seat for Christmas and it looks so comfy!!! It's a First Year's True Fit, and thanks to my cousin, Corie, we were able to snag it for $99 on Target.com. I loved this car seat because it will last Ryan for a long time. Not only does it have the 5-point harness for a high weight limit, it also will rear face for a long time. The law is to forward face when your child is 20 pounds and one year old. BUT the AAP (American Association of Pediatrics) is now recommending children to be rear faced up to two years, no matter what the weight limit. I watched a video on youtube.com about it and we will definitely be doing it until Ryan is two years old. I don't know about extended rear facing. Some people do it until their kids are 7! That might be a bit much for me!


I'm sure that Ryan would like to be facing forward instead, but he doesn't really know the difference at this point, right? :) All I know is that I wish they had baby seats for adults. If my seat were like this, I would fall asleep every time I was in the car too!
He is talking lots! He can say dad and mom, but only mom when he is upset. If I say, say Mom, he will say Bob. Maybe one day I will be Mom instead of Bob! He loves talking and screaming and using his voice. It's so cute!

Another cool thing is that Ryan started standing on his own for long periods of time! He started doing it a few days ago. Not only is he standing alone, but he is trying to walk! It is so dang cute! There is a video of it, but I did it on our digital camera and I always forget that videos should never be recorded up and down! Sorry! I hope you can still see how cute it is!
Ryan clapping
Ryan trying to walk
Ryan's new bath toy. Hilarious!
Ryan fake laughing. He does this all the time. Watch him spit out his water from his sippy. His bib is soaked every meal!
This is Ryan doing a lot of the things he's learned the past few months. Although, his clap is much better now!
This is just a super cute video of Ryan. Sorry for the video overload!
10 Month PicturesI wanted to edit using Photoshop (I got it for Christmas), but it is 100 times harder than I thought it would be. I have a lot to learn and not enough time so my goal is to have his one year pictures edited on Photoshop. Hopefully by then, I'll have learned something!
Here is my cutie patootie. We love him so much. He is the cutest baby and has the funnest personality. We love you Ryan!




12 comments:
What a thorough and great post! I loved it because it's exactly timed with LIncoln so it was fun to see all the things Ryan is doing. It made me feel a little bad because as a second child I realize how neglected he gets! sad!
I have been trying this week to get Lincoln drinking from a sippy. NO LUCK!!! Did it take a while with Ryan?
I'll have to look into a car seat for him, that's good to know about the rear facing ones. Lincoln is perfectly content in the car so I might as well.
Awesome post. And the sample colors look good, I'm excited for you! You are super ambitious!!!
I love how you write down every detail. That is so awesome. It is so easy to forget the little things. I need to be better about writing things down. I love his Babylegs!! Owen had some of those but my husband didn't like them because he thought they were too girly. Lame. And I love the picture with his boots and diaper on! So cute.
He is adorable! I love the boots and all of the pictures. It is so fun to see him growing up. :)
Again, this is Tina... I am too lazy to log out of James :)
Great post! Loved all the videos and pictures. He's sure one cute kid! I look forward to seeing him the next time I'm there in town!
Ok..seriously, how can he just keep getting cuter and cuter every month!!! He is so adorable Shirley! I love all of the pictures that you posted. I love the first one in his cute swearter. He is so cute in his new boots as well!! Thanks for sharing all of the videos as well.. I need to get better at taking more of those!
I am TOTALLY going through the exact same napping problems/routine with Grace, you aren't alone! It is super, super frustrating. If she slept well through the night I'd probably be able to handle it better. But I am getting so ornery over these sleep issues. (sigh)
I think part of it is that because these two are so mobile now, it's easier to stand up if you don't want to go to sleep, and there is much they understand they could be doing now instead. Who knows. I think it's so cool he is already trying to talk, and doing signs. Way to go! The whole "Bob" thing is pretty hilarious. What a cutie!
I hope that car seat is still for sale- maybe I'll go get yours instead!!!
I love all the pictures and videos! And I love his boots! He looks so cute in his new car seat and kudos to you for keeping him rear-facing longer. I'm a fanatic when it comes to car seat safety. Cannon will definitley be rear-facing for a long time. But like you said, they don't know the difference. And we have one of those mirrors so we can look at each other.
Oh boy Ryan is a real boy now. I love to see his teeth when he smiles. It is so cute.
I can't believe he will be ONE year old in two months. Time went flying away.
How image in four more years he will attend kindergreten school. I know the time will go zoom away.
You are so lucky to take many pictures as long as you can. I looked back the past...I lacked pictures because the film limited 24 pictures and 36 pictures. I enjoy to see these good pictures when you, STeven and Nancy were little.
Memory cards are pros and cons as the same thing as film pictures. LOL.
I can't wait to see you, Jared and Ryan this coming Sunday.
Thank you for giving me a good grandson Ryan. I enjoy to be grandmother smile. I love Ryan and I kiss him many times as long as I can LOL. I love Ryan moves forward to my face and kiss me. IT is my faviorite!
I love you all.
what a cute little stinker! He looks like so much fun!
Ryan is so adorable! Those eyes are killers. You guys really did a good job.
What a cutie! You're such a good mommy!
What a cutie! I love those eyes! That video with him in the tub turning the water on and off is hilarious! Ya done good! :)
Post a Comment