Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Grandma Lisa's Birthday

My Mom's birthday was January 13th, but we weren't able to all get together last weekend so we celebrated this weekend!

I invited everyone over to my house. It was so nice to put Ryan to bed and still enjoy the evening, instead of driving to SLC and then dealing with a cranky baby. I made stuffed shells with peas as a side. Steven brought garlic bread for me. It was delicious!!! I love stuffed shells. They are so easy and so filling.

See how good the dinner was? Ryan was wide-eyed for it!

The other nice thing about having the party at my place was that there were lots of helpers to put Ryan to bed. I think it took about 10 minutes just to say good night to everybody!

I made my mom german chocolate cake and wrote Happy 24th Birthday! Because there were only 24 candles. She was confused, and I had to explain it to her. I think most women would prefer to be celebrating their 24th birthday, but I think she is happy where she is in life with her age. She is 51 years old! If I had to put all of them on there, I would've had to buy 3 boxes!


After cake and ice cream, we play Uno Attack. It was so much fun and we all had such a good time. It was a lot of fun hosting our first dinner. I think everyone had a great time.


Happy birthday Mom! I hope that this year is the best for you. Good luck with everything you have going this year and visit us often!

9 comments:

Gary said...

Cool! Enjoyed the pictures and seeing everyone having a great time! So nice you could have the party held at your house. Sure makes a difference doesn't it? :)

Lisa said...

Shirley and Jared,

Thank you for making a nice dinner for me and my birthday...also nice cake and ice cream.

Yes I saw "24"...me is 24 years old. I wanted that because my heart is still young...not old LOL. I asked Shirley about it and she explained me. I laughed and I like that. No problem at all. I still am young person. I still go skiing LOL.

I had good time to play uno attack and I had fun with you, Nancy, Jon, Steven and Jared. Smile.

Thank you again!

Unknown said...

What a cute family!

And you did a great job hosting!

Is Ryan a pretty heavy sleeper, is your house pretty quiet? My kids are the lightest sleepers and the sound carries in the vault, so even "evenings out" at our house, don't fly super well.

Jenn Oldham said...

That is super cute! I think that is quite clever of you to put Happy 24th Birthday! I think it is funny. Your house looks awesome!

Jefra said...

I definitely agree with you that it's so much easier to have people over so you can put the baby to bed at home. I love Ryan's curl after his bath. By the way, your hair looks really cute. :)

Cody and Maegan Graham said...

Super fun Shirls! It is fun to see pictures of your Mom. I remember her coming to EVERY choir concert! Talk about unwaivering support!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Yum! Stuffed shells sound yummy! I love your family and it sure looks like you had fun! Happy Birthday Lisa! You've done a lot through the years, you deserve the 51 candles but your heart will always be young! :)

Mel said...

Looked like fun! It's crazy how alike your family looks. Cute dimpled chins!

Natalie said...

I love your blog!