Ryan fell of our bed during a nap on Wednesday. He was up in our room for about 30 minutes when I heard him SCREAMING and crying. It's one of those cries you can't ignore. My mom was here and we ran up to see what was going on. My mom went in first and looked at the bed and didn't see him there and then he came around the corner of the bed. That's when I came in and ran to him. He was crying and crawling, but after I picked him up, he was just staring at my mom. Then he smiled! I am pretty sure if she wasn't there, he would've cried for at least 10 more minutes. He even reached for her to hold him. It was pretty cute!
We normally have Ryan's arms pinned down and then in a sleepsack for his naps. If he does them on our bed, he can't flip over and he sleeps for about 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Well, he got out of receiving blanket we use and got his arms through the holes and crawled over the pillows and fell off. I was so disappointed, because I knew the day was coming that he had to be transitioned to his crib for naps, but I was hoping to prolong it for maybe..... forever?
As of right now, he is in his crib talking/crying and has been for the past 30 minutes. I really hope that he falls asleep soon and STAYS asleep for longer than 40 minutes! I love sleep transitions. :)
Here are some pictures right after he fell off. I remembered to take some!
7 comments:
aw poor kid, doesn't look like he cared too much about it though with that smile afterwards.
Oh, poor Ryan. But it was good that your mom was there as a distraction. At least he will sleep in your bed. It is absolutely impossible for Cannon to sleep in our bed, or in the same room. He thinks it's time to play.
I am happy to be there and helped you. Ryan is sooo cute.
Keep him in the crib until he will KNOW how to climb down from the bed (also, the stairs, too) so he can sleep on your bed but never know because durning sleep, he can roll or crawl without know and will fall off the bed.
You are good mother and Jared is good father. I am proud of you both. Ryan will be very apprecaite what you are doing to him. He knows you both love him.
Aw, he is so cute. I hate how there has to be a first for everything. It's scary!
Oh no.. poor little guy!!! It looks like he felt better soon afterwards and that's good!! :) Very cute pictures!! :)
aw this is a cute post. That's so sweet that he was reaching up for his Grandma and smiling with her :) I bet she loved that! What a cute kid.
Megan fell off the bed a lot when she was little. Sigh
Post a Comment