I use the question mark, because it's only been half of a day so we'll see!
Ryan ate last night at 11 pm - from both sides - then went right back to sleep. He woke up at 7:30 and ate from both sides again. After his morning nap, you guessed it!, he ate from both sides again! Here's what I think it was:
I think I had been feeding him too much of solids. I was feeding him a ton of table food and baby cereal and purees mixed up. It was a ton of food and he has been slowing down eating it as well. I have been feeding him a lot less yesterday, so that could be the solution.
The Excedrin - I think he really hates caffeine.
Nursing Strike - I didn't think it was this since he was eating in the mornings, but it very well could have been. He was doing this for about 3 days so that sounds about right.
I hope he continues to eat! It makes me feel so much better! Plus it's good for him. :) Thanks for all your suggestions and stories!
4 comments:
Both my little boys became less interested in milk around nine months because of their increased interest in solid foods. Good old Dr. Bailey reminded me at one of Connor's well child visits that solid foods were really just for getting a baby slowly ready to eventually wean and that for the first year most of thier nutritional needs still should be met through nursing or formula. SO I've totally been there with both my boys.. letting up on the solids TOTALLY worked for me with each of them. Good luck with Ryan!
I'm glad you figured it out! I didn't read your earlier post until just now, but I would have suggested cutting back on solids. You are right that breast milk is his main source of nutrition right now. At his age he should breastfeed at least 3-4 times a day, have three solid meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner), and maybe a small snack. He can also have water and maybe diluted fruit juice.
That makes sense. I was going to comment on your last post but I'm glad you got it figured out already! We tried introducing Owen to solids when he was around six months old but he never really liked them. I nursed Owen almost exclusively until he was almost 18 months old. I know, I know, but I loved it so much. He also started losing interested around that time. So it all worked out.
He's probably having a growth spurt right now. My kids would do that. For a while they would seem less interested in eating, then all of a sudden... whoa!
He will let you know if something is wrong. I promise it's easier to figure out than you might think.
He seems fine. He acts normal, right?
Don't worry how much he eats or doesn't eat, just let him decide.
Post a Comment