
Christmas was absolutely wonderful this year! Having a child during this season is the best. I know it will only get better next year when Ryan can understand what is going on. We spent the day with both of our families and got in a lot of food. I must admit that we love being fed and will go where the food is. :)

In the morning, we waited for Ryan to wake up. I decided to shower since I probably wouldn't have time after he woke up. When he was STILL asleep, Jared took a shower. Finally we got everything ready downstairs and had to wake Ryan up. I felt so bad. We had gotten home so late the night before that I knew he really needed the sleep. BUT we had to be at my mom's by 10 AM so we didn't have much of a choice. I also really wanted all of us to be in our pajamas with sleepy eyes, but it didn't happen and hopefully we'll get that next year.

Ryan was still in his pajamas and had VERY sleepy eyes. We recorded the whole thing. He had fun opening up his presents. He did really good with ripping the paper off. He loved playing with all of his toys, that is until he had another toy unwrapped and then that one became his favorite. He got so many fun toys that I'm sure he won't need any more for another year! Unfortunately, kids get tired of their toys. When we're at church, Ryan could care less about his toys and always goes for the other kids' toys. Luckily, they want his toys so it's a fair trade. :)



Ryan got from Mom and Dad/Santa: Pajamas, a shark outfit, church clothes, key toys, a pusher/walker car, a little piano (that he LOVES), and a car seat. From Grandpa Hale he got a cute stuffed animal duck that he loved! From Grandma Lisa he got a toy cell phone that is awesome and a wagon full of blocks. From Great Grandma Richards he got a jacket, a 1st Christmas frame, and a 1st Christmas ornament. Jared's brother Justin had us this year and we got three Babylegs and a way cute outfit from Gymboree for Ryan. We really love all of his presents and I think they will all be used for a long time.





Jared got me a few things that are awesome! Of course a little bird, called ME, whispered in his ear. He got me a purse, Photoshop, a 600 GB external hard drive (so I can put photoshop on my computer and take all my pictures/videos off), and a DVD player for my computer. I am so excited to get started on doing digital scrapbooking and editing pictures for real! My mom helped us get our camera, we got two comfy folding chairs from my Grandma Roush, food storage from my Grandma Richards, the family home DVD's from Jared's dad, and a shower curtain rod from Jared's sister Lisa. Nancy got us a Scentsy that is SO cute, and Steven let us use one of his coupons when we bought our refrigerator to get $130 that we put towards a new camera. He also got us some windshield wiper fluid with Rain-X in it. Kind of weird, but I'll take it. :)


Jared got a few nice things too from Santa, or me. He got a new hard drive since his died, a shirt and new jeans, two books: The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan and First Lord's Fury by Jim Butcher, a DVD player since ours is on the fritz, and part of Photoshop has some cool things in the package that he can use as well. We'll be able to make DVD's that can play in a DVD player from the memory taken on our video camera. I'm way excited about that too! We feel very blessed this Christmas and are looking forward to the new year .

After opening everything at home, we headed over to my mom's house for breakfast. We exchanged presents with my siblings and my mom. We got Nancy card making supplies from Scrapbooksteals.com, two pairs of really comfy socks, and paid for half of a digital frame. The look on Nancy's face was so fun when she saw her presents! I love to give gifts! We got Steven a feather pillow and a body pillow. It was so funny because I knew that he had told his best friend to maybe get him a body pillow as well, so after he opened his present, I asked him if Gus had gotten him one too. Steven didn't say anything, all he did was move his eyes from me over to the wrapped present that looked EXACTLY like the one I had given him. We all busted up laughing! Jared joked that he needed a pillow for each arm since he didn't have a woman. Gus' pillow is a lot nicer than the one I got so I am going to give Steven the receipt for mine. I am not sad at all that Gus' is better. I'm glad Steven has such a good friend and I hope he is sleeping well!







I gave my mom a calendar of Ryan. We gave this gift to all the grandparents and great grandparents. Everyone absolutely loved it. My mom had already seen all the pictures, much to my dismay, when she was babysitting Ryan and using my camera to take some pictures. She noticed the pictures and then scanned through them. She says she didn't look through them all, but I don't know how much to believe. :) I was so disappointed that she saw the pictures already, but I know she'll still enjoy the calendar. I took pictures of Ryan for every month. I cut up fabric and sewed onto a onesie each month as well as a shape on the butt representing the month. It turned out SO cute! I'll be posting about it on my fitness blog soon. It was a big hit with all of the grandparents! My sister, and brother, and I went in on some frames for our family pictures that we did back in August. My mom hadn't printed off any yet, so we knew this would be a nice present. She LOVED it! She started crying a bit when she was looking at the collage of pictures we did. We were nervous that she might have wanted to be a part of choosing a picture, but were pleasantly surprised about the tears. Again, gift giving is SO fun!




After my mom's house, we went over to my Grandma Richards' house. She always has the family come over on Christmas day. We open presents to each other, eat great food, have fun conversations, and play games. This year my cousin Darby's hula hoop was the hit of the party! Everyone took a turn trying to do it. I actually did better than I thought I would since my waist is a bit bigger than when I was younger. A funny story that happened was when my aunt Christi got up to do it. She said that she didn't really have a waist any more and that's when Steven said, "I would think you would say you have MORE of a waist!" It was so rude, yet so funny! Christi looks great so that made it more okay to say. Jared did awesome at it! I was super impressed. The funniest was Steven's. The way he moved his hips to get it to stay up was HILARIOUS! I couldn't stop laughing for minutes after. Another funny thing was my Uncle Eric tried to hula on his neck and ended up throwing the hoop off and hitting my grandma's nativities. We got it all on video, but I don't have it with me. Maybe I'll get it someday!


We played Cranium and Scattergories. Those games are family favorites on Christmas Day. Me and Jared were on a team and had three groups ahead of us at the end. I totally thought we were doing well, but I guess not well enough. There are some stinking smart people in this family who are really good at Scattergories. At least we won Cranium. I've yet to lose that game. I'm pretty proud of that fact. :)



After Grandma Richards' house, we went back over to Jared's brother, Dennis', house. They had a turkey dinner for Christmas and we wanted to partake of it! It was delicious and so worth it to complete our night. They got a Wii and Rockband for Christmas so we played that for a bit. We also had some left over pie. I'm telling you, it was SO good! I LOVE Cheryl's Pecan pie. We had them for Christmas and gave them 3 movies: Robots, No Reservations, and Walk the Line. We also gave them a gift card to Chili's. We gave Jared's sister, Kari, a Scentsy and her kids candy. Lauren got New Moon hearts and Michael got a chocolate orange (I love those). We also dropped off Jared's dad's presents. We got him one of the calendars and took him to see "Avatar" in 3-D (so good!) and took him out to dinner.



We had a pretty tiring Christmas, poor Ryan, but it was so much fun. Seriously, our favorite thing to do is hang out with family and we wouldn't have had Christmas be any other way. We hope you all had a wonderful time with your families, and not like Steven's friend Benji, who was stuck in Denver due to a snow storm. He spent Christmas in a hotel. :( I hope his Christmas is MUCH better next year. We are so excited for 2010. I'm looking forward to decorating our home and my new job for The Ribbon Retreat and the Girls Cruise with Jared's family. I'm excited to watch Ryan grow and learn new things and to be adding to our family. Jared is excited about paying off debt and joining the tennis club here in Spanish Fork. We have been so blessed this year, and we hope that the Lord continues to bless us next year. In turn, hopefully we can be much better at blessing other people's lives. I hope you all have a wonderful new year!
10 comments:
Your Christmas does sound a lot like ours, busy but fun!
Haha, I can't believe Steven gave you windshield wiper fluid! That's funny. That breakfast looked so yummy! I might have to make that for dinner. That calendar/onesie idea sounds so cute!
I laughed so loud...because Ryan was a very big busy for four Christmas days, and he is spoiled because everyone loves him and gave him MANY gifts LOL. Now he is a real DEAD from a big four christmas days. I am sure he LOVED it.
Ryan in most pictures are so beautiful and cute!!! Shirley, you are very GOOD photographer!!! I am so proud of you.
Happy New Year 2010!!! Ryan better go to bed early and would have good sleep on the New Year Eve LOL.
I can't BELIEVE he will be ONE year old in 3 more months. I feel I am too old LOL. I enjoy to be grandmother with him. I need MORE grandchildren LOL. I wait for Nancy's turns and Steven's turns someday.
I love you all. Kiss and hugs Ryan for me.
One more thing about know about secret celandar pictures. Well, I wish you take pictures out of the memory card (I understand your computer had full memory, you couldn't transfer the pictures into your computer memory). You could use other memory card.
Well, it was NOT my fault. I grabbed your camera to take a picture of Ryan was sitting high chair and ate the graham. I took only one picture and your camera said "Full memory card". It caused me to be curious and saw first 10 pictures. Tell you the truth, I didn't go throughout ALL pictures. I saw months on Ryan's shirts but I didn't think "what for" or "special something" I don't think about it. I had NO idea about the celandar. True!!! I opened the gift and I saw it. True "COOL" I really LOVE it!!!
You have a good brain to have many figure things out that is why you have talent! I don't have one LOL.
I am really proud of you. You DID a good job!!! I love you.
Forgive me about look at the pictures on your camera. I am sorry!!! I didn't know this...caused me to grab your camera to take picture of Ryan. LOL.
Wow- what a busy Christmas, but it sounds like lots of fun! I LOVE those professional family pics for your mom. I bet they'll look so nice hanging up in her house!
Isn't it fun playing Santa? I just loved doing that. Can't wait until next year, when they REALLY understand what's going on!!!
p.s. as to funny gifts... I know the feeling. My husband gave me a fishing lewer (don't even know how to spell it) in my stocking. What the...? We don't even fish! Men!!!
What a fun Christmas!
I love the family picture for your mom, a beautiful picture!
It looks like you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!! Ryan is getting soooo big and his little shoes are sooo cute!! I can't believe our babies first Christmas's are already over. Time flies way too fast. Thanks for sharing the pictures! They are super cute!
How fun!!! Your Christmas looks like it was a total blast! I know this sounds weird but I am so excited for our Christmas! It really is so much fun with the kids! Ryan looks so cute in his little p.j's! That is way cool all the things Jared got you, ha ha it sounds a lot like what I would love christmas as well, but I can't complain I got a baby :) I am so excited to see you guys!!!
Wow, there are so many things I want to comment on this post about!!
Maybe we just need to get together and have a hang out day so I can tell you all them so my fingers to break off from typing so much.
I loved this post.
Ryan is the cutest. You are the cutest. I love my cards. I've already used four of them! I LOVE being able to hurry and whip up a card on the spot.
And sad news :( When I got my new phone, it automatically deleted all my pics and videos!! So i don't have those from Christmas day anymore. I'm so sad.
This was a really happy fun Christmas. I loved it!
You are so creative and good at blogging. Someday i'll step up my game and try to have even a quarter of the greatness you've got. You always make them so fun to read.
Post a Comment