Friday, December 18, 2009

Idaho Trip


Last weekend we went up to Idaho to see Jared's dad and his sister and brother and their families. We were able to stay for 4 days from Friday night to Tuesday night. We had such a great time! I'm so glad Jared was able to get some vacation days from work so we could go.

We usually like to drive at night so Ryan will sleep the whole way. 4 hours with a baby in the back seat is no fun! If we drive while it's dark, it is much better! We got there late at about 1 am, because we went to our ward's Christmas party that night. It was a lot of fun and we met a few nice people in our neighborhood.

On Saturday we spent the day at Laurie and Wes' place. Laurie and I left the kids with the men and went shopping! It was lots of fun. I can't shop for too long, so luckily Laurie is pregnant and gets tired fast too. :) I already had a ton of stuff for Christmas, but got some soap from Bath and Body Works and a present for my brother. One of the reasons I wanted to go up to Idaho was to let Laurie borrow some clothes for her new little baby boy due at the end of this month! There is no point in letting good clothes just sit in a closet! I had like 3 boxes full of just Newborn and 0-3 month clothes. Laurie made an awesome dinner, Chicken Parmesan. I had one of my dead brain cell moments by pouring salad dressing all over my noodles. I had to wait for some more to be cooked. Duh! I even stopped pouring, looked at the plate and decided it needed more. I had SO many dumb moments that weekend, I don't think I can count them on one hand.

On Sunday we went to church with Jared's dad. We hadn't been to his ward in quite awhile. It was fun to show up with an 8 month old. :) Ryan did really well and was being so cute for everyone. After church we went to Justin and Lanae's to eat and hang out. It's always so fun to watch Jace and Ryan playing with each other. Jace is learning how to walk now! It was so funny because he wasn't taking that many steps by himself until Ryan was around. It was like he was showing his dominance. Too funny! I tried to take a picture of the boys together and only got ONE where they were both looking. Ryan was definitely at fault. He was too interested in playing!

On Monday, I went to Justin and Lanae's store, The Ribbon Retreat. I work part-time for their wholesale site doing orders, and I will be doing some extra fun stuff this coming year for them as well. I will keep you posted on that! Their store is so awesome. If you are into doing crafts with ribbon and bows and so much more, you need to check it out. Lanae and I also hung out for most of the day making these cute pillows! She found the pattern and was making them for her 5 cute kiddos! Luckily she had some fabric left over so I could make one for Ryan. It turned out pretty cute and totally matches the color in his room! The only bad part was that we stayed up until 3 am making these pillows. I forgot my cellphone and Jared couldn't get a hold of me and was nervous about me staying out that late. I didn't even think to call him! lol. He was so nice in the morning though and let me sleep in and took care of Ryan.

On Tuesday, I went to see my friend Jenn and her cute baby Saydee. Saydee is almost 4 months old and is such a cute chubby little girl! Jenn lives up in Idaho Falls and since it is so close to Shelley, I like to drop in once in awhile and chat. We became friends at UVSC, and it's so much fun to keep in touch.
Before we left Jared's dad took us out to eat at Chuck o Rama. It was so good! I love their bakery; the rolls, bread, and don't even get me started on the scones. I ate WAY too much and then had some dessert. :) It was nice to eat there because we had a lot of options to feed Ryan. He is getting so good at eating by himself that he refuses to let me do it. I tried to give him a piece of Mac and Cheese on a spoon and he picked it up off the spoon and then put it in his mouth. Silly boy!

We drove back that night and things have been crazy getting presents and Christmas cards out. Hopefully we get some rest this coming week and can just enjoy the holiday. We had a blast up in Idaho, as always, and love going up and spending time with all of Jared's family. They're the best!

2 comments:

Jefra said...

That pillow you made is so cute! You are so creative.

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

How fun! The pillow you made is adorable! I didn't know your family's business was The Ribbon Retreat! I have ordered from them a few times!