Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve

For Christmas Eve we spent the evening with Jared's brother, Dennis', family. They are so awesome! They always open up their home to us, and make me feel like we are a part of their family. We just hung out and watched movies. Cheryl made the best Broccoli and Cheese soup I have ever tasted. It was SO good! She spent a ton of time making rolls and almost got frostbite from it, and then forgot about them when they were in the oven. We sent Jared and Samantha out to get some replacements at 7:00 pm. Most stores are closed by this time on Christmas Eve, but thankfully Walmart was still open. They were completely out of the bakery rolls, so we ended up having Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. They tasted good, but it was so sad to see those burned rolls.

We watched a bunch of movies while we were there. We watched home movies of Jared's family, Elf, and It's A Wonderful Life. The home movies were so fun! Jared wasn't on them (they had a different video camera by the time he was born), but it was still a lot of fun to see his siblings when they were little. The craziest part is seeing how much their kids look like they did when they were children. Especially Tanya and her girls and Justin and his boys. Seeing Dennis when he was little was great too! It was a fun present and fun to watch. I had never seen It's a Wonderful Life before, so it was nice to watch. It makes you feel really grateful for a lot of things in your own life. It also makes you want to do more. The guy in the movie was such a giving man, and I really want to be more like that. The power of service is amazing; it is what can make a person happy. Not all these material things. I think I might make service one of my New Year resolutions.

After our tasty dinner, we had delicious pies. Cheryl is one of the best cooks ever! She made Pecan Pie and Chocolate Pie and both were amazing. I had to have two pieces of each, yes, HAD to. This might sound disgusting, but here's a story for you. Jared and a few of their girls had never had Pecan pie before. So they were all saying how disgusting it looked and they didn't want to try it. One of the girls asked what it tasted like, and Dennis responded, "It tastes like an Angel pooped in your mouth." We all cracked up laughing!! I guess it's true! It may look weird, but it's the best thing you ever tasted. Talking about it makes me want some. Hopefully Cheryl still has some left. I will seriously go to their house right now to get some. :)

Tara, Jared's sister, ended up coming over towards the end. Her hubby Jed was still at work. He works at the Utah State Prison. Megan's boyfriend also came over towards the end. His name is Austin and he is such a good guy! We are all hoping that they get married. :)

We seriously LOVE hanging out with this family and feel like we're at home in their house. Ryan also LOVES them. He loves to be with every single member of their family. He gives kisses to all of them and loves hanging out on Uncle Dennis' lap. Dennis can also make him laugh so hard! Thanks for letting us hang out with you on Christmas Eve! We love you guys so much!

1 comment:

Ben and Cjirsten said...

Christmas eve sounds like it was just as much fun as Christmas day! Oh and I forgot to mention.. . I love that you mentioned ben and our crazy long time it took to get to know each other, it made me laugh, at least you learned from it. . .ha ha ben and I still don't know our neighbors and we have been in this house over 6 months now