Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Valentine's Day

Oh we just love Valentine's Day! I talk it up so much that Ryan was really excited for the day, even though from the pictures, you might not think he was. :)

Every year we try to send home made cards to those we love. The grandparents especially love them! The boys color them and I try to get Ryan to say something about why he loves them. After about two he is pooped. Next year I will space out the card making! :)

He can be such a little stink when it comes to letters or coloring. He likes it sometimes, but he doesn't have a passion for it so it seems like such a chore. Silly boy. :)

 
 He drew a picture of each person we sent one to. I absolutely love his little drawings!

On Valentine's Day, I was super fun and made pink heart pancakes. Of course Ryan wasn't happy about it. But after Brady was SO excited that his food was shaped like a heart, Ryan realized that his heart pancake was pretty cool too. They both ate three! I was impressed! Also be very impressed with my heart pancake skills. Much better than my ghost pancake skills!

"Cheeeeeese!"
"I don't want bananas..."
"I am so not eating this."
"Stop taking pictures, Mom!"
"Heart, Heart, Heart!"
"I have a heart too! You're the best mom ever!"

Brady had so much syrup on his fingers that they started sticking together. I was off doing something and when I got back he was closing his fist and slowly opening it watching his skin stick together. It was so funny I had to take a video.


I'm a sucker for holiday shirts. Yep we even have then for St. Patrick's Day. Yep, Easter clothes. Yep, 4th of July, Halloween, I felt so bad they didn't have them for Thanksgiving last year, and Christmas! But they are so fun and I love any excuse I can get to make them stand next to each other up against the wall and say CHEESE! Love these boys. And I couldn't decide on just one picture, so here's two. :)


Every year we visit Daddy at work and bring him Krispie Kreme donuts. They are his favorite and we do nice things for people we love on Valentine's Day. That's what I am training Ryan to do. :) It's not about us, it's about others!


They LOVE visiting Daddy at work. They run in and yell "Dad!" until the run into his office and give him a big hug. They love his work and raid their snack room. There is also a fountain that Brady can't avoid.


Here is Daddy's card.

Brady's contribution :)

Me and my boys on Valentine's Day. I love them so much!


Grandma Lisa came to babysit so I have lots and lots of other pictures, but those deserve it's own post. I get my love for holidays from my mom!

Jared and I went out for dinner. I was so hormonal, it was pathetic. I wanted to go to Red Lobster so we tried to leave as early as possible, but I didn't leave to meet Jared there until after 5. (I had to go pick up pizza for my mom from Papa Murphy's which had like a 35 minute wait!) Anyway, Jared called to see what the wait was at Red Lobster and it was 2 hours! I was so mad. So we tried to figure out another place to go and Jared suggested Subway. :) Yeah. :) I decided to try La Dolce Vita, where we went last year. He called and the wait was under 30 minutes. Works for me! (Since I am starving all the time.) It was delicious and it ended up being a good night. Poor Jared having to deal with a hormonal wife. :)

After dinner we went to Barnes & Noble until our movie started. We looked around for awhile and I bought a parenting book. It's always amazing to me what common sense is out there that I don't think of on my own. Thanks to this book, things have been better. Not perfect, but better!

After the book store, we went to see Skyfall, the James Bond movie. It was good and of course, Jared's pick. :) He thinks watching chick flicks at the movie theater is a waste of money. Even on Valentine's Day! What?! :) We got home around 12:30 and had a wonderful night with just us! 


I love celebrating Valentine's Day and showing love to those around us. It's such a wonderful holiday. Next year I think Jared and I will remember to celebrate it on a different day so we can go to Red Lobster! :) I hope everyone else's day was wonderful and they felt loved!

3 comments:

Nichol Family said...

I am the same way I love holiday shirts :) Cute kids.

Kimmie said...

That's so cute! This give me cute ideas for next year. This year Valentines day wasn't special. Erik and I were so exhausted from work. I love Ryan's reactions to the pancakes, it's like Clay.

Lisa said...

Happy Valentine's Day :)

I am sorry about not get Red Lobester restaurant. It is my fault to ask you to get a pizza. I should stop and turn round to pizza place to get pizza then on the way to your house. I am sorry again.

I had good time with the boys. We went outside and play at dark outside. Brady loves to see the moon up in the sky. Ryan loves to throw snowball at me hahaha.

Happy Valentines Day again!