I love to make the whole day special for birthdays.
When Ryan woke up that morning, the first thing he said was, "It's my birthday!!!" I made him boiled eggs the night before so he could have some ready for breakfast. The day before I also let him pick out whatever cereal he wanted and he chose Rice Krispies.
He got dressed for preschool and we took cupcakes for his classmates. He chose confetti cake and GREEN frosting with sprinkles. Later that day we asked him what his favorite part of the day was and he said cupcakes with his friends. :)
After preschool we went to Daddy's work to pick him up to go and eat lunch at Provo Beach Resort. We went there a long time ago and Ryan had been bringing it up for awhile so we thought it would be fun to take him there in the middle of the day. He had a blast! He keeps telling me how much he loves it and he wants to go every week.
The first thing we did was play in the jungle gym. Brady couldn't get through the two cylinders and then was to scared to climb up in other places. Both the boys got bored with it pretty fast. Oh well! :)
Then we did Ryan's favorite part of Provo Beach Resort, the games!
Ryan wanted to do this prize game first. He did it and made the dinosaur go down the place where you drop the prize. :) So Daddy helped this time and he got three prizes! One got stuck in the thing though.
Ryan wanted to go upstairs so we played some bowling. He loved it for about three frames. :)
| Brady's turn! |
Since Ryan was done with the upstairs, we headed back downstairs to the games.
This is Deal or No Deal. Because it's Ryan's birthday, we let him do whatever he wanted, even this game we knew he wouldn't understand. Well guess what?! He did the 2nd best you could do! He won 120 tickets! Happy Birthday to him!
Brady loved playing this duck game and one brother can't do something without the other brother wanting to do the same thing! Good thing there were two players. :)
They had a little photo booth so we tried it out. I thought we for sure could all fit. It would be a little squishy, but you could see at least some of our faces. But I was wrong! It was a landscape setting and not portrait so when it came up, it was just Jared and mine's head and you couldn't see the kids at all. We tried really hard to fit us all in, but mostly we just laughed the whole time. Brady loved it, and Ryan got all shy all of a sudden. Anyway, here is our attempt. :)
Ryan LOVED having a date just for him where he got to do what he wanted. It is so fun to indulge your kids too. :)
Ryan LOVED having a date just for him where he got to do what he wanted. It is so fun to indulge your kids too. :)
We have 310 tickets, which is crazy! And guess what Ryan wanted? A little sucker that dips into sprinkles. And guess how much that was? 290. We could get SO much with that many tickets, but since it was his birthday we let him get it and he was very happy!!
We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out until Daddy would get home for dinner. Ryan answered his questions for me (see my last post) and I made dinner.
When I asked Ryan what he wanted for dinner he told me poop. Surprised? Don't be. I think that is many little boys' favorite word. So I decided to make meatloaf. It has somewhat of a resemblance. LOL He also requested cantaloupe and and salad. I also got some Sprite for his special dinner.
Ryan had been asking about opening his presents ALL DAY! So we decided to do presents before cake. He was so excited!
| Super hero pajamas are definitely awesome in Ryan's book! |
Here are a couple videos of playing with the helicopter. The boy is in love! Brady really wanted to play with it too, but he wasn't allowed. He left and came back with a different remote control and was pretending that he was flying the helicopter. It was so cute!
Since I made cupcakes for Ryan's class which is about 13, I didn't want to make another cake for the evening (in addition to the one I was making for his party) so we just had the left over cupcakes that we didn't send to school with him. He was perfectly happy with it!
Of course Brady needs a turn. How old are they when they are okay with just watching? :)
| Yay! |
We had Root Beer Floats with our cupcakes and watched Ryan's 1 year birthday video. He got bored about 3 minutes in. It was about 20 minutes. :) Brady's was much shorter! I wonder why... :)
Then Ryan got changed into his Batman pajamas.
I love giving pajamas they can wear that night. So much fun!
| Look at those muscles! |
Ryan fell asleep pretty quickly. It was great for Mommy and Daddy since we were exhausted from a day all for Ryan, but it was a blast and we are so proud of him and love him so much!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Ryan!!! Now you are four years old. You are big boy.
I love you
Love Grandma Lisa
PS next year I would join you to Provo Resort place. I love to watch you to play ok?
I am happy Ryan had special day and he is happy boy.
I watched the video about play duck game. Jared is bad father LOL he held Brady's arm and hit the button to hit the ducks. Brady's hand went down, Jared pushed Brady's arm to down. Brady's finger hit the button. Ouch!!! hahahah
Ryan has habit to tap me now he taps his daddy LOL.
I am happy the boys have good time. They love each other and they are best brothers!
Post a Comment