Easter was so much fun this year! Ryan is really starting to understand what it means and can answer basic questions about why we celebrate Easter.
A few days before Easter we colored "Easter Eggs" with q-tips and paint!
We started out our morning with treats and an Easter Egg Hunt. Here are a couple videos, the first one is of Ryan explaining what Easter is.
I told Ryan that the eggs and presents were from me. I don't know if I was being hormonal or what, but I hated the idea of some rabbit who gets the glory for all the work I did when I could get it myself. Plus the focus should be on Christ right? Jared wasn't happy that I did that. I didn't tell him the Easter bunny wasn't real, just that the presents were from me, so maybe I can redeem myself, if I want to. We got the movie The Guardians for the kids for Easter which has the Easter bunny in it. Ryan did really well making the Easter bunny and Mommy co-exist. He just told his friends that Mommy brought presents and not the Easter bunny when they would ask. :)
Here is a video of their Easter Egg Hunt.
Next we made Resurrection Rolls for breakfast. They are rolls that you make using meanings from the burial of Christ. The roll is the cloths, the butter is the oils, the cinnamon and sugar are the spices and the marshmallow is Christ's body. The oven is the tomb and after enough time has passed (three days) we take it out and see that Christ's body is gone, that he is risen. Ryan really liked doing it and I really liked eating them. :)
| I asked Jared to take a picture of us and the rolls... he left the rolls out. But it was too cute to not post! |
We have 1 pm church so we got ready to go. I took pictures of the kids in their cute Easter clothes. They are so handsome, I could just kiss them all over!
Jared went home after sacrament meeting to start cooking the ham. It was so good!! We invited my mom to come and eat with us.
It was a wonderful Easter Sunday and we are so grateful for Christ and the atonement and resurrection and that our family will be together again. We are so grateful for our family too and the fun traditions we are starting. I can't wait to eat that ham again next year. :) Happy Easter!





No comments:
Post a Comment