Thursday, March 14, 2013

I Quit

I quit my job today.

I was transitioning and training my replacement, but it was causing SO much stress (I've never been so stressed) that I knew it wasn't good for my pregnancy and I decided to just quit. If she thinks she can do it all on her own, then so be it. I have tried to be responsible and leaving the blog in well trained hands, but I've done what I can and I can't worry about it any more.

It makes me so sad. So very sad. I don't really know how to get over this, but trying to get over it will be better than trying to get through it.

I have been so stressed lately that I have more zits than I ever had before. I have about 20 on my neck alone. And as much as I wash my face (which usually works), they just stayed and new ones would pop up. Ryan has been so high strung and I know it's because he can feel my anxiety. And of course as he acts out, it just makes me worse.

I was doing my job today when I got a response that just threw me off the edge. I took a shower (it's my thinking spot) and realized this baby and my family are more important than anything in the world. Even if I am right about work, it doesn't matter if it is causing this much stress. I wanted to quit back in September, but had to wait until now to train the replacement because of her life circumstances. I just feel like I have been so patient and tried really hard to do my best and I've been disrespected. (Not by the owners, just the replacement.) So we'll see how things go, but to be honest, I probably won't even check in much, it'll just give me anxiety. Isn't that sad? :(

I'm rambling, but this is what's on my mind now. I have got to find me some good distractions. Any suggestions? Good books, TV shows, or anything? Thank goodness Summer is almost here and we can keep ourselves busy outside! Well wish me luck.

3 comments:

Kimmie said...

Oh my goodness, I only saw the title of your post and it made me very nervous...

Then I read it and good for you! It's very freeing. I don't blame you for letting go of the stress. Things move on and all parties will survive.

My suggestion as to fill your time?? Napping!

KW said...

Good for you for recognizing it just wasn't worth it. I have had moments in my life like that too. It does stink that after all you have given to feel like this, but I am proud of you for just walking away. You are right, family is more important than anything.

Jefra said...

I only saw the title of your post too, but I thought it said "I Quilt." Lol, so I was surprised when I read the first sentence.

It sounds like you did what you needed to do and what was best for you and your family. No guilt for that!

If you want TV to distract you we've watched all the Sherlocks and the first two seasons of Downton Abbey (although you've probably already seen that...we're just behind the game).

Or you could become a certified child passenger safety technician like me! Only $75. I work one morning a week and there's no stress. Can't beat that!

I'm sure you'll find something though. Having two boys is enough to keep one busy during the day!