Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Boo!

Ryan is so dang cute. I know that I say that often, and many people agree, but he still doesn't cease to amaze me. Just today I've taken a ton of videos and pictures of his cuteness.

Just for fun. Went in to get him after a nap and snapped his picture. Is your heart melting as much as mine? :)

First thing to write about is he started barking. Mostly it's random, but he will bark if you say "what does a dog say?" Most of the time he immediately says Ruff Ruff! or Arf Arf! But once I get the camera out, he won't do it much. It seems like an afterthought, which is not as cool. But I promise he usually does it right when we ask! :)



Ryan was sick today with a fever (still is) and so we chilled inside for most of the day. It wasn't hard with the rainy weather, but I usually like to take him out in the rain for a little bit. Not today though. We were hanging out and watching Dora the Explorer. Ryan doesn't really watch the tv, but he'll look at it every once in awhile. The Backpack song came on where the backpack sings "backpack, backpack." When it was done, Ryan was singing it! I didn't even know he was paying attention. It was so stinking cute! He gets the cheesiest grin when I sing it now, and then he'll join me.


Ryan was exploring while I was doing the dishes and I found him stuck behind the tv. I had no idea he could fit there. He BARELY fit. He was crying when I took these pictures. But I've learned that tears can wait, good pictures are hard to come by! He ended up getting himself out while I was taking the pictures. I can just imagine him thinking, "MOM! Why are you just standing there giggling! Get me outta here! :)


This cute little boy is getting better at wearing hats. My mom bought him a BYU hat when Jared graduated. It totally didn't fit then. See?


It fits a lot better now! He loves to wear it and put it on and off. Putting it on doesn't work so well, so he comes to Mommy to help him. Here are some pictures when he was wearing it a few days ago.


Tonight he wanted to wear it again. I put it on, he took it off, I put it on, and then finally he left it on. Jared was home and was playing with him. We always go behind things and come around the corner to find a big smile on his face. Sometimes we'll jump out and say BOO! It was our turn now! Here is cutie patootie in his BYU hat trying to scare us and giggling with joy when we jumped.



Last, but certainly not least, Ryan is reaching for doorknobs now. I can't believe it. He does it when he wants to go outside. He really wanted to go today. :( He goes to the front door and back door and stands on his very tippie toes and can grasp it pretty well. But luckily, I still have awhile before I have to worry about that! (I hope... knocking on wood!)



I also wanted to mention two other stories. We have an ear thermometer, and I had to use it today. After I checked him temp, of 101.7 :(, he wanted to play with it so I let him hold it. He immediately put it up to his ear. I LOVE this stage and how he copies me. He will let me put the thermometer in his ear now and he gets a scrunched up look on his face. Perhaps he lets me, because he thinks he'll get his own turn if he's good. :)

I was letting Ryan play with our phone, a daily occurrence, and then I got a call from my friend Cjirsten. She told me she just had a fun conversation with Ryan. LOL He called her and Cjirsten didn't hear much then she heard him talking. After that he hung up on her. LOL. I found that so entertaining! Poor Cjirsten was so excited to hear from me. She thought I had some super good news. Sorry, Cjirsten, to get your hopes up!

Well that's it for today. :) I am sure there will be plenty tomorrow!

Oh and P.S. wasn't it fun to hear from Jared. He is so funny. He makes my heart die with laughter sometimes. I hope you all enjoyed hearing from him too. This is a rare occurence. You probably won't hear from him again until we have our next baby and who knows when that will be. But I'm looking forward to it already! (his writing that is. and maybe another baby. :)

8 comments:

Lisa said...

He is soooooooooooooooooo cute!!!

Now you understand that he was stuck between the wall and the TV set. I told you about you were a little girl as the same as his age, you crawled under my bed and you got stuck between the floor and the bed frame. LOL. I looked for you anywhere over the house until I looked under the bed and found you. You were sad as exaclty as Ryan did. LOL.

I am so happy he likes BYU cap...Jared must be PROUD of BYU. I hope he grow up and chooses BYU to attend after he finishes his high school. Don't encourage him go on the mission smile.

Thank you for shaing stories, pictures and videos. smile.

PS I planted corn and peas. So I hoope they include tomotao, zuchini and pumkpin grow good throughout the summer.

Lisa said...

Jake loves to watch the video about Ryan jumps and says BOO few times. Jake signed "more" and watches the video smile.

Lisa said...

Sorry...one more thing I have to say...I laughed. Boo in the video, second time, he returned to the love seat, his cap hits the love seat and his head. LOL.

Jake still loves to watch the video. He saw Ryan hits with his cap to the love seat, too. He laughed.

Kimberly said...

At first I thought you were hinting something at the end...

Those pictures of Ryan are adorable. It is so cute when they start singing and talking!

Jefra said...

He is so cute! I had to laugh at the pictures of him stuck behind the TV! And I have to say that you have a nice singing voice too.

Lisa said...

I am so stupid...I say "Encourage him to go on his mission" Omit "Don't" I am sorry!

Emily :) said...

Ok, so I had to watch the video of him singing the Dora backpack song like 500 times. He says it SO WELL! What a smart little guy!! Absolutely adorable. And I love when your husband is playing the 'boo' game with him. Haha..that made me laugh. Our boys are in such a fun stage right now, but they are growing up way to fast.

Nancy said...

Ryan looks ADORABLE in his byu hat!! I love it!! Mom sounds like a life-saver. She's so good with Ryan. She is cute.

I love the peek a boo video. Him throwing his hands up to say boo!

He is so smart. It's so fun watching him grow up.

Oh the video of him running down the hill and falling was really funny too- haha.