Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Water Painting

I saw this idea on my friend's blog The Mom Blog about painting with water. We were outside and Ryan can't stay near me. He has to go walking off to who knows where and then into the street where he will be run over by a car. I am wishing I had a gate on our patio right about now.

I remembered this idea, and since it was a bit warm out, I tried it, and Ryan loved it! I think he could have played this for hours and hours. The only bad part? The brush was one I used for painting the house and he was constantly trying to put it in his mouth. That led to me taking away the brush, and then him throwing huge tantrums. After about the tenth time, I was so sick of it, we came inside. Crying ensues. I've gotta get some new small brushes that he can eat to his heart's content.

This is getting me so excited for summer! No more rain (or snow for that matter!) :)







5 comments:

Emily :) said...

Ok.. that is a SUPER cute idea!! And it looked like he got the concept so well. He looked so ADORALBE in his little summer outfit. And I started laughing so hard when he tried to drink out of the cup!! I love it! Don't you hate how they always try to put EVERYTHING in their mouth. I am definitely going to steel your idea and try this with Porter.

Barb said...

So glad he loved it! I got my brushes at a dollar store - 4/$1. Love it!! Thanks for the blog shout-out!

Tina said...

What a wonderful idea! We are so doing this. He is so cute and I really hope that Utah starts behaving better... you guys need some sunshine without rain and definitely without snow!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

This is such a cute idea! I love Ryans little hat! If it ever gets warm here and stops raining I am totally going to do it with Cambree thats so fun!

Kimmie said...

what a fun idea! Clay would love that! Thanks for sharing!