Sunday, May 9, 2010

Steven's Graduation


My little bro graduated from SLCC on Friday. He graduated with his Associates in General Studies with Honors. He has been accepted at the U of U and will start in the fall.

I am SO proud of him. He is such a hard worker. He graduated with NO student debt and almost has his three year old car paid off (he bought it a year and a half ago.) He's worked full-time at Best Buy and went to school full-time. I always tell him how lucky he is, but it's not luck. He's made really good decisions, and I am so proud of him.

He looks so handsome in his graduation gown. He is such a cute guy and has the best personality. He is a wonderful mix of down to earth and peter priesthood. :) He is an incredibly great disciple of Jesus Christ, but never makes others feel below him. Instead, everyone loves him and many call him their best friend.

I love the long talks we had when I lived with my mom last summer. We still talk all the time. It's amazing the difference now from when we were both teenagers. Oh my goodness. We HATED each other. I was so scared to move back into my mom's with him living there, because I thought it would be high school all over again. It's nice to know that we've both grown up. :) He is an amazing uncle and Ryan loves him to pieces.

Ryan did pretty well at the graduation. We were sitting behind a super old lady. Her fingers looked like bones with skin drooping off of them. I put Ryan on the floor in front of me and she wasn't too happy about him touching her sweater. So I had to hold Ryan up on my lap the whole time, or put him on my chair behind me so he could play with the people behind us. Luckily there was a super nice lady who loved playing with him. She let him pull on her tights! That's how nice she was! After awhile, I put his pacifier in and held him with a blanket. He did really well until he spit out his pacifier and it fell under the old lady's chair. I wasn't about to ask her to bend over and get it, and after 5 minutes of trying to get it myself from behind, it wasn't happening. Like I said, luckily there was other family and that nice lady to entertain him during the long ceremony. We were so glad to go though. I love Stevie to pieces!


I am so grateful to have Steven as my brother. I love you Steven!

1 comment:

Tina said...

So jealous of your family and all your degrees! Who is next? How far apart are you and your brother?

BTW I hate it when people make it even harder to manage our kiddos. Did they forget what it was like to be mothers?