Thursday, May 20, 2010

Running Fast!

Lately Ryan loves to run everywhere. I swear I am going to have to get him a leash if I ever want to put him down. The minute I put him down he starts running... no where in particular, just feeling the wind on his face I guess. I love that he loves it. I hope he loves it forever! Unlike Mommy and Daddy. :) This video is an example of what it is like for me at the store. Run, Run, Run!!! :)



Ryan has been sick the last three days, and it's wearing me out! The first day he had a fever and slept wonderfully! The 2nd day his fever was better, but he was miserable. He had one 30 minute nap. I about died. I need his naps! (it's usually when I get stuff done.... okay or when I nap too!) I took him to the doctor and he had a really bad sore throat. :( Poor guy. I was hoping today he would feel better, but after he woke up from his nap after 30 minutes, I called my mom to come, because I knew I wouldn't make it.

Sick people get to eat pudding. Ryan was okay with it, but his face cracks me up! I hope I don't look like that when I eat pudding!

Grandma came around 2 pm and saved me. I got to do the dishes, laundry, organize, go grocery shopping, and a few other things. Grandma just entertained Ryan. They played, sat and watched Baby Signs while Ryan was sad after his 2nd 30 minute nap, Ryan helped Grandma sweep and peeked behind the couch to scare us. Grandma is our angel! I think Ryan can tell I am stressed so I'm not the best at putting him down to sleep. Grandma is totally relaxed and got him to sleep twice like never before. He sure loves her! (and I do too... very much!)


While I was gone to the store, Grandma took Ryan on a walk. They stopped at the park so he could run around. And run he did! Here are two videos from it. I love the first one because you can tell how fast he is running down this hill, and the 2nd one is great because he falls and then towards the end watch how he goes down the hill after walking up it. It's hilarious!






Another thing Ryan likes to do is the splits!! Seriously! I wonder if he'll be a gymnast or something. He never had a problem with socks on the hard floor, but lately it's really slippery. So he likes to slide his feet out as far as he can go. It's freaking hilarious!




How low can you go?!?

While doing the splits, Ryan found my shoes. He promptly said "shoes" in his cute high pitched kid's voice and brought them to me. What a sweetie huh!?


Today a helicopter flew over us while we were outside and Ryan looked up and said Dog. lol. I don't think he barked though.

Thanks again Grandma (for the millionth time, and I know it won't be the last) for coming and helping. You are a lifesaver and we love you so much!!!

6 comments:

Barb said...

It's so hard to be stuck at home with a sick grumpy baby. Grandma's are life savers!! Hope he feels better soon!

Cody and Maegan Graham said...

Love it! That video of him running down the hill is hilarious! You're doing an awesome job Shirls! What a sweet little guy!

Simmons Family said...

Grandmas are the best!!

Emily :) said...

I don't know what I would do without Grandma's either!! They are the best. He is running SO FAST! WOW! I love the video in the grocery store! That made me laugh. I usually have to keep Porter home with Paul while I do the shopping! Ryan seems to have sooo much energy! Hang in there with sick little Ryan! It's so hard when they are sick. You are such a great Mom Shirley!!

Lisa said...

Ryan is a good runner!!!

I am happy he knows me as I am a best grandmother. He is "fun" grandon.

I like to be grandmother better than "mother" because of less responsbility and play/have fun with him.

Smile. Good Night. I love you all.

Ben and Cjirsten said...

he he he I totally love the videos!