When Ryan goes to the park with Grandma, he has so much more fun than when he's with me. She lets him do all sorts of things that I would probably not let him do. AND she lets him stay out forever! They were gone for two hours! I know he has so much fun, and I love seeing how much he loves his grandma. After they got back, he fell asleep on the 3rd page of his board book. He was exhausted! I've never seen him fall asleep that fast! When he woke up, me and my mom went into get him and he walked over to Grandma and lifted his arms up, wanting to be held by her. :) It was so sweet.
Grandma loves to take pictures, so as always, here is a ton of pictures of their outing!
Here is a (sideways) video of Ryan throwing the wood chips. This is the first time I've seen him do this.
When Ryan and grandma got home, he seemed fine. Then when we went in to get him from his nap, his face was red on one side. I assumed it was bed face and it would go away. Well it never did, and just got redder and redder. That is when we realized he was sunburnt. Ryan's first sunburn. Poor kid. :( There was sunscreen in the stroller, but I didn't think to tell my mom since I had no idea when they would be back. Plus it had been raining and snowing a few days ago.
Well, this prompted me to go and get him a sun hat (none of the ones from last year fit him, what a surprise! :) We all went to Old Navy and found a hat and some sandals (to go over sunscreened feet) for Ryan. I can't wait for him to wear them. He will be so cute! We also got Old Navy 4th of July shirts. We always wait until the last minute when they don't have any more or we have to get HUGE sizes. Old Navy is always hard for me to leave without buying something. :) Especially if we are there for Bubs.
After we had dinner, Grandma gave Ryan a bath. I went up at the very end to see how they were doing and my mom had drained all the water. Ryan has started trying to drink the water lately, and he was still trying to do it with the water drained. His legs were straight up and he was bent over all the way down licking the bottom of the tub. It was hilarious! I need to get a picture or get it on video. He knew there wasn't much water, so he turned on the faucet and then bent over again and actually got some. He is such a smart kid! I love him so much!
Thanks so much for visiting Grandma! We had a great time! (and DON'T WORRY ABOUT HIM BEING SUNBURNT! it's not your fault. :)
Well, this prompted me to go and get him a sun hat (none of the ones from last year fit him, what a surprise! :) We all went to Old Navy and found a hat and some sandals (to go over sunscreened feet) for Ryan. I can't wait for him to wear them. He will be so cute! We also got Old Navy 4th of July shirts. We always wait until the last minute when they don't have any more or we have to get HUGE sizes. Old Navy is always hard for me to leave without buying something. :) Especially if we are there for Bubs.
After we had dinner, Grandma gave Ryan a bath. I went up at the very end to see how they were doing and my mom had drained all the water. Ryan has started trying to drink the water lately, and he was still trying to do it with the water drained. His legs were straight up and he was bent over all the way down licking the bottom of the tub. It was hilarious! I need to get a picture or get it on video. He knew there wasn't much water, so he turned on the faucet and then bent over again and actually got some. He is such a smart kid! I love him so much!
Thanks so much for visiting Grandma! We had a great time! (and DON'T WORRY ABOUT HIM BEING SUNBURNT! it's not your fault. :)
3 comments:
Ouch! Poor little head. We've had a couple of times here that I didn't even think to put sun screen on Cannon, so now he has a farmer's tan. Luckily he's not the type to burn thanks to the Italian in his blood, but I think I still should be putting sun screen on him when we go outside. I just don't think of doing things like that unless we are swimming.
That was nice of your mom to take him for two hours! I love how they just want to explore rather than the traditional playing.
oooooppppppssss! I didn't know he got sunburnt...wow it's May...cool weather, not even hot yet. From now on, I put the sunscreen lotion on him no matter what! And also Cooper, too (my nephew, 9 months old).
Me...bad grandmother...ha ha. Yes, I let him do things like good explore outside and have fun!!! He did put the rock in his mouth twice. He won't do it again any more. Also he did put the weed in his mouth and spit it out. LOL.
Now he loves to slide. He kept climb up and kept slide like 5 or 6 times already. I kept chase him. (I never let him slide alone, all is that I need you to be there...one adult at the top and other adult at the bottom...more safety I would let him slide alone. Until Ryan understand to know safety heh).
I had good time with him. I hope he had good time, too.
I will do that again when I visit you.
Lol that looks like so much fun! I love taking the kids to the park! The video is so cute of him throwing the wood chips! I so wish I lived close by so we could take our kids to the park together!
Post a Comment