My birthday was May 14th. Such a beautiful day to have one! I just love the sound of May 14th. I know I am biased. :) I can't believe I am 26 years old. 26 sounds way old. Sorry to all of you reading this that are much, much older. :) It's not that being old is bad; I'm actually happy to be older. Even though it can be stressful, it is so much fun.
Just for fun, here are some of my baby pictures. My mom would say, "I can't believe you are 26 years old!! Time just flew by so fast! It felt like 26 minutes!" :)
I started out my day by getting a wonderful present from Ryan. He gave me a 2 1/2 hour nap! It was so nice! I got so much crafting done. Then my mom came to watch Ryan while Jared and I went on the town. I took my time showering and getting all gussied up. I swear it has been since before Ryan was born that I did that. Jared got home and we took off to eat and watch a movie!
We ate at Red Robin because they have a deal where you get a $20 gift card and two movie tickets for $30. You basically save $10 on the tickets. The food was pretty good. I always end up wanting whatever Jared got. That is why I always make him split halvesies. The best part about going out to eat on your birthday is the dessert! Mmmmm... I got yummy ice cream pie. Jared was too full, so I had to eat it all myself. Such a shame... :)
After dinner we went to go see How To Train Your Dragon. It was a cute show. I didn't think it was amazing, but it was fun. I was kind of not allowed to see a chick flick. Jared refuses to watch them, especially pay tons of money to watch one. And I kind of agree with him. I'd rather rent it and cuddle up on the couch. The best way to get Jared to watch chick flicks is to put it on while he is still around (not on the computer gaming.) Once he starts watching anything, he has to finish it. :)
We booked a hotel to sleep at that night so we didn't have to wake up early for Ryan. It was bliss! We stayed at the Provo Marriott, which had a very comfy bed. We got there pretty early at 9:00 pm. We ended up watching the Celebrity Apprentice. I've never watched it before, but I guess I am a little bit like Jared where if I start watching something I have to see it's ending. We ended up going to sleep around 12 am, which was later than I wanted, and getting up at like 9:30ish. Just thinking about it makes me jealous of myself. Good thing Ryan is so cute or else I would die with this never getting to sleep in thing. :)
After the hotel, we went to Denny's for some breakfast. We went to the one in Provo, and it was so much fun. We used to go late at night all the time back in the day of no kids. Even though it was 11 am, and not 2 am, it was still fun to reminisce.
For my birthday, I let myself use my paycheck all on me. I have needed new clothes for such a long time, so I've been doing just that. My Grandma Richards took me shopping and got me lots of basics. It was so fun! I didn't get near what I needed, so Jared and I went shopping again. What a sweet husband for doing that huh?! He also got me a massage at Massage Cabin in Provo. It was SO nice! Probably the best I've had in terms of focusing on just one area. Although, it was a man and the hairy arms feel weird. AND Jared didn't know that you take your shirt off when you get a massage. He was pretty upset about that. lol. Now he knows!
We celebrated my birthday dinner this past Sunday because Steven was out of town the Sunday before. My Grandma Richards made dinner for my mom's family. It was really good. Then we had cake and ice cream and played Scattergories. I love that game! I sucked bad at it though. Ryan was so tired so we had to go, but it was so fun to celebrate my birthday again. I think that birthdays should always be a week long!
Thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday! It was so fun and I felt so loved. I am so grateful for all that I have and everyone in my life. I am so blessed!
9 comments:
Happy Birthday, Shirley and now you are 26 years old. I felt like you are 26 minutes ago so you are right!!! LOL.
I enjoyed to watch Ryan while you and Jared went out for day and night.
I put Ryan in the crib, he cried for 30 minutes, I picked him up, held him and rocked him until he fall slept. I put him in the crib without wake up. Whew. I went to bed but your laptop from downstair didn't turn off that bothered me. I went downstair to close your laptop...it and blue light went out. Whew. I went upstair...noticed the wall beside your bedroom door...the light changed red, green, yellow and blue cycle. I wondered what was it and where it came from? I realized Jared's computer tower. My goodness. I closed the office door. I finally went to bed BUT I remember your cat needs go to bathroom (litter box) or eat food. I got up and went downstairs to open the bathroom door. I went to bed at last. Until 5:30 a.m. Ryan cried and he had pooped. I changed the diaper, took him with me to the bed. He quickly went back to sleep no problem. Until 7:30 a.m. He was so cute.
I didn't get a chance to take shower or change clothes. I kept an eye on Ryan since I can't hear what if he gets hurt or go near the stairs. I keep chase him!!! He still is cute.
Happy Birthday, Shirley! I love you.
PS I was happy to be home and slept in my own bed LOL.
First, You don't post too much!
Second, Happy Birthday again!
Third, I love how much fun your birthday sounds! Eating, movie, shopping, sleeping, hotel, massage, ahh... that all sounds wonderful! You deserve it all!
What a great post! I love all the photos! I can't believe how great you look! I also loved reading your mom's comment. It is fun seeing what it was like taking care of Ryan while you were gone :)
I hope the naps are going better.... I think of you each time we are "fighting" with AliCherie to have her take her nap. These kiddos... they sure do keep us on our toes!
You definitely don't post too much.:) I'm gad you had such a fun birthday, Happy Birthday!
What an awesome birthday! It sounds like you got everything you could have wanted! I know you think 26 sounds old, but wait until you're like me and about to turn 30! Yikes!
Wow, your baby pictures look a lot like Ryan's! I'm glad you had a good birthday!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIRLEY! You are so young!!!! :) I am so glad that you had such a great day and that you were able to escape with your husband for a night. That sounds so wonderful! I will definitely have to try and find a babysitter for my birthday! I still want to take you out for lunch! :) I love your pictures :)
When you're 27, it will feel like 27 minutes flown by and then 28 mins and so on! haha! I remember those baby pictures of you. So cute. :) Glad you had a great birthday this year and you do have many more enjoyable ones to come. I love you Shirley.
PS Tell Ryan a big HI for me.
How fun! Your birthday looked like it was a blast!!! Thats fun you have someone that can watch Ryan for you so you can go out! Your baby pictures are so cute! And man you have lost a lot of weight or at least you look like you have your so skinny its not fair!
what a fun birthday! You haven't changed at all from your baby pictures! How adorable!
Post a Comment