Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tomatoes and Zuchinni

My neighbor Tiffany had some left over starts and was kind enough to give us some. Ryan helped me find rocks in the construction area next to our house. He loved sucking on his dirty rocks! His mouth was so filthy afterward. What can you do?!

Ryan also helped me fill the buckets with dirt. By helping I mean scooping dirt around and out of the buckets. :) When it came time to actually planting the starts, I had to have him go inside or else I think they would've been dead in his hands!

He had a great time though. I don't think he has any idea what we just did, but if we can get these plants to grow, he will thoroughly enjoy the what comes of them. I am scared to death of these guys dying. I am almost positive they will, but I have a lot more support with my neighbor than ever before, so I have faith these little guys will make it. If you have any tips for beginning "gardeners" let me know! :)

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Yum! Good Luck! ;)

Ps~ You look really good!

The Nat Nat said...

Congrats! I just planted my garden this weekend, too! I hope both of ours lives!

Simmons Family said...

Good luck, I can nver keep anything alive. Ryan looks like he had lots of fun!

Barb said...

So fun! I hope they grow for you! I love gardening.