Like I said in the last post, Ryan came home from school after learning about St. Patrick's Day and leprechauns and had all sorts of ideas about what was going to happen that day. I've never done anything before, besides making green shirts, so I was a little worried about meeting his expectations.
I finally decided to make little leprechaun messes and leave treasure (presents) at the end of the rainbows the boys painted. It was really fun and super easy to do. Way easier than making shirts for them and they were much more excited. :)
Grandma Lisa stayed at our house the day before so she was able to help me with everything. She loved helping out and getting to see the boys' faces the next morning.
On Sunday we painted rainbows for the leprechauns to leave us treasure. I thought about doing a leprechaun trap and Ryan thought that was a terrible idea. How would that make the leprechaun feel? Point taken.

Once the boys went to bed, we made our messes. It was really fun to come up with stuff.

The first thing I did was draw on the kids' pictures with a dry erase marker. They loved that!
Ryan thought I drew him as a cat. And Brady thought I drew him as Santa.

Ryan said Brady look! I'm an angel and you're a cat!

I built a tower out of blocks and spelled Ryan and Brady's names. They did not notice.
We trashed the bathroom.
We turned the toilet water green.
We turned the milk green.
I dumped out flour all over the counters. Sneaky leprechauns.
You can also see the socks Grandma hung on the cupboards.
Grandma had a fun idea of putting Ryan's underwear and Brady's diapers out from their door all the way down the stairs. They loved this!

Another fun thing we did was make smores out of their peeps.
The last thing I did was put out the "treasure" at the end of their rainbows.

The leprechauns left 5 chocolate gold coins, $1, little toy monster trucks, and a bug kit.
The boys were so excited for morning! Here are the videos of them seeing everything. :)
Ryan loved every bit of it!!! He was so fun to watch exploring and finding new things the leprechauns did.
Brady woke up soon after. It took him awhile to come down the stairs. He LOVED the trail of diapers and underwear. When I came to get him to come down, he said, "Look Mom, it's a PATTERN!" He amazes me. :)
Here are the videos of Brady looking at everything. Ryan loved showing him what he discovered earlier.
We made green pancakes and green scrambled eggs for breakfast. The boys thought it was weird and had to be coaxed into eating it. :)
I did dress them up in their St. Patrick's Day clothes. They are from last year, but they still fit so it works! And Brynn's outfit is a hand-me-down that fit perfectly. Awesome.



We had so much fun today. I am definitely starting some new traditions and having the leprechauns visit us every year. And maybe next year I'll make cookies. :)


1 comment:
Looks like lots of fun!
Post a Comment