Thursday, March 20, 2014

Ryan's 5th Birthday Party

Ryan's birthday started out with a date with Mommy to Kneaders for some french toast! He totally felt special getting to go with me by himself to a new place. We went in our jammies and he kept asking questions about why we would go out in our pajamas. It was so cute.

 
Ryan Selfies

  
 
 

Ryan wanted a Superman themed birthday so I tried really hard to stay close to that. I found this cake mix that was bright blue and thought it was perfect for his cake. Brady helped lick the bowl. :)

  
He also got into the food coloring while I was frosting the cake. This picture doesn't do it justice. It was so funny! He looked like he had bright red lipstick all around his lips.
Grandma Lisa came and visited for Ryan's birthday. She made him a Superman pinata! She is amazing! Ryan loved it. We also loved the hair. She said she cut it from a stuffed animal. Perfect!

 

Here is a video of when she got here.


Grandma helped decorate our house for the party too. She hurt her head on our floating shelves and knocked them down. I was upstairs feeding Brynn and it was the loudest crash I've ever heard. I ran down to make sure everyone was still alive. I'm glad she was ok. :)

 
 
 

We invited Steven and Natalie to have dinner with us to celebrate Ryan turning five.


For dinner Ryan wanted mashed potatoes and gravy. He didn't care much for the main dish. I knew he didn't want meatloaf and I didn't want to make a roast or something like that so I settled on Baked Chicken Legs. We also had his favorite cantaloupe. All on Superman plates of course. He even got a new Superman cup!


After dinner it was time for presents!! And this boy got spoiled! It was really hard to not buy everything Superman. :)

Waiting patiently to start opening his presents. :)


Ryan got Superman Legos and Batman Legos, Superman/Justice League underwear (boxer briefs... I didn't know that's what they were and they are so cute on him! He calls them his boxers), Superman coloring pages, Superman kite, Superman pajamas, a bow and arrows, Cocoa Puffs from Dad, I made him a pencil and paper holder with his name on it, a Wiggle Rider, Beat the Parents card game from Steven and Natalie, and Big Boots Arctic toy. He LOVED all the attention and gifts.

 

Here are some videos of him opening his gifts. 




Here is a video of Ryan shooting the bow and arrow for the first time. He's a natural!


After presents we hit the pinata. Steven is awesome at holding it for us. :) Ryan and Brady loved it! Ryan is awesome at hitting pinatas and Brady is so stinking cute. 

Here are some great videos of them hitting and breaking the pinata. 


 
 
 
Being Silly with the pinata. :)

 



 
  
 

Then it was time to sing Happy Birthday to the birthday boy and eat cake! He loves this part. I was recording it and in the beginning of singing my camera battery died. :( So after he was finished we had to do it all over again. Brady wasn't happy... he wanted his turn blowing out the candles. So we tried to keep Brady from blowing (it wasn't easy :) and at the end you can see Ryan trying to block Brady. Most of the pictures are from the first time we sang it. You can totally see Ryan's joy in his face. He was so happy!

 
 
  

The candles are lit!


I just had to add this last picture of Ryan blocking Brady from blowing the candles out. :) Brothers.

 

Here is the video of us singing happy birthday to him.


Ryan got to cut his cake and he did a pretty good job! He chose Neapolitan ice cream.

 
 
It was really really good! We loved it!

 

This is how blue it was. :) This information is definitely TMI so turn away if you don't like TMI stuff, but this cake was so blue that it turns poop blue or green! Ryan was the first to go and we kind of freaked out! Then after the rest of us had our turn, we realized it was "normal". Pretty crazy! We definitely won't be eating this kind of cake much. :) It was way fun to eat though.

It was a great day and so much fun for Ryan. I love birthdays and the chance to make my children feel extra special. I love them so much! I am so proud of Ryan and I am excited to see how he does in this new exciting year. We love you Ry Guy!

No comments: