Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day

We used to spend Labor Day golfing with the Richards family, but since Grandpa died, we had to make some tweaks and now we do something the whole family can do, not just the adults.

We meet at Jack and Jill Lanes in Lehi to do bowling and Laser Tag. Having young kids and being 9 months pregnant we skipped out on the laser tag. :) But the kids had a blast bowling!!! It's times like these where you can see their pure joy that I just ooze love for these cute boys.


Brady and Ryan were SO much fun to watch after they bowled. They just danced and jumped around and were so excited. I hope they stay this while for a long time! :)




I didn't bowl because I didn't want to be more sore than I already am. So Jared was the lone adult on our lane. He got a strike the first bowl he did! Here is a video of him bowling, so imagine it was the first bowl and it's a strike. :)



Ryan liked to bowl a few different ways. Thanks to the bumpers, he always got some pins down. Something else really cute is he kept calling it the "Bowling Cages". So cute.




Brady beat Jared by one point. :) He got a strike on the last frame, I missed it though. :( My mom got there just then in a bad mood. It was so cute though because after she got there, Brady wouldn't bowl unless she was sitting close by and watching him. He was crying so hard and refused to bowl. He loves him Grandma so much! That melted her heart and he ended up winning! :)

Afterwards we grabbed pizza and ate lunch at Holly's house. We watched the video we made at Lake Powell and went swimming. While on the way to Holly's Ryan saw a chicken. He told us all about how when he grows up he is going to have a farm with lots of animals. He is going to have a cow for each of his family members, even Annie, "even though she won't be able to ride it." :) So sweet. He said that he would go up really high and fly with his chicken, just like on Zelda "Twlight Princess". We laughed and told him that wasn't real. Link's chicken's are special and really strong. He just said that his chickens would be even stronger than Link's. :)

 Could my family be any cuter? Love these boys!!

This picture "cracks" me up!!
When we got home from Lake Powell I had the swim diapers and pull ups together and they are both blue. I threw them in the laundry room, which is where I keep the swim diapers. When I went to grab one, I accidentally grabbed a pull up. I knew it didn't feel right, but I didn't think anything about it. After about 10 minutes in the pool, something definitely wasn't right about Brady's "swim diaper". It was sagging like crazy. So funny!

Brady swimming

Brady loves the slide! He really really wanted to go down the slide even though when he got up there he was a little scared. I love his courage! He only went down a few times though and he was done. :)


Oh and the first time we wanted someone to go down with him. Jared had to do it and he couldn't really coordinate holding him and sitting down since the slide was so small. It was hilarious. He almost went down the slide on one knee. I'm so glad he didn't. :)



Ryan got the courage to jump off the diving board! He would only do it if Jared could catch him and even then, he had to really take him time jumping off. We are so proud of him though!



Brady had all the big kids entertained. He loves the attention and he is just so cute, it's hard to not give it to him!


Brady loved blowing bubbles in the snorkel. His cheeks would move too, it was hilarious.



Holly's pool has lots of fun things to do! One of them is this basketball hoop. All the kids were taking turns trying to get the ball in the hoop while sliding off the slide or jumping off the diving board. Ryan wanted a turn and right next to the basket was where he wanted to be. :) In the video you can hear him when he makes a basket say "I got a strike!" He really gets his sports confused huh? lol



At the very end Ryan finally wanted to go down the slide. He was really nervous. He climbed up and climbed back down three times. Finally I held his hand going down the slide and it gave him some confidence. Jared was at the bottom catching him. Then one time Jared moved out of the way and Ryan was shocked that he landed in the water and came up on his own just fine. :) He thought it was so cool he wanted to do it again and again. Unfortunately, it was at the end of the day so we had to get out of the pool. But we were so proud of him! Hopefully at the beginning of the summer next year he was remember all the stuff he did and accomplished and he will just jump right in. 



Also right at the end Jared started doing flips off the diving board! I can't remember if he's done it before, but I was impressed! Way to go Babe! The kids loved watching it too. :)


We had a lot of fun and relaxation this Labor Day and I am SO sad to see summer go. Being pregnant made me miss out on a lot of things and not be as good of a mom as I'd like to be. We need to go to more parks and more pools and etc but now school has started and October is right around the corner! I'm not ready to put fall decor out. Although the cooler weather has been nice! :) These last few weeks of pregnancy, I really need to spend a lot of quality time with the boys and take them to the park and do picnics and all of that fun stuff. I can't believe in a month we will have a baby! Then fall can start. :)

No comments: