Wednesday, September 18, 2013
38 Weeks
On Monday (37 weeks 6 days) I had my 38 week appointment. My awesome friend Michelle, who is due one day before me with a boy, watched Brady and Ryan was in school so I was by myself. I decided, sure, I might as well get checked for dilation just out of curiosity. I thought I would be maybe a 2. Well Dr. Skinner checked me and said I was 3 cm dilated! What? And 50% effaced. Baby girl is still super high at a -3 station though. I couldn't believe it.
Ever since that appointment I have been feeling pretty crampy and scared that she was going to come soon. I still have a few things I need to get done, and I definitely didn't want her and Jared sharing a birthday. I have been feeling SO good lately, like I can conquer anything good, and then after I got checked I'm back to being crampy and having more braxton hicks. I'd do it again though. :) It is fun knowing how far along you're dilated, well as long as you are something. It's not as much fun to hear "all closed up!"
Everything else looked great. I am about 175 lbs which is pretty much where I was with the boys. I'm hoping it doesn't go up much more or she comes before it goes up more. :) Heartbeat sounded great and I am measuring right on at 38 weeks. I'm so grateful everything is going well.
I have so many things checked off my list, but just a few important things to go. I need to get all my Hypnobabies music onto the laptop so we can bring it to the hospital and I don't have to use headphones. I also need to clean our room. I want to come home to a super clean room and right now it is far from that. :) It's mostly clothes so it shouldn't take long. And then I also need to pack my hospital bag. I have a list and I showed it to Jared and asked him if he could pack it for me if I was unable to. He laughed. One of the things on my list is "Outfit to go home in." He said, "I have NO idea what you would want to go home in." Another one was "Make Up". That also was something he wouldn't be able to do. :) He saw the Electronics list and said, "Hey there is something I can pack!" I can't prepack that anyway, so that's good!
I have been doing horribly with my Hypnobabies training. I am supposed to practice through out the day and then do these 30-40 minute scripts at night. Well with trying to get everything done and being so tired, it's not happening. I am so tired now that I can't even get through the first 5 minutes of them. So this is me pointing it out so I can do better. I NEED to keep in a good groove of hypnosis so I can have the easy, comfortable birth I know I can have.
We are ready for baby girl to come for the most part. The boys are so cute and I just love being their mom. I am SO blessed to be able to have more than one child and watch them love each other and have so much fun with each other. This little girl is coming into a very loving family and I am grateful for that.
So two-ish more weeks or any day! Do you think being at a 3 right now I will get to 41 weeks? I hope not. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment