Tuesday, September 10, 2013

37 Weeks


With both Ryan and Brady I posted every week basically I went to the doctor. So that meant a post every week towards the end. I feel like I just posted and there isn't anything new, but I must keep with tradition. Plus I wanted to do another comparison picture wearing the same shirt and I showered today. It must have been fate. :)

I had my appointment on Monday with Dr. Skinner. Baby is still head down and I'm Group B Negative. I think that's what it's called... I'm having pregnancy brain and I'm too lazy to look it up. :) I didn't get checked because I had Brady with me. He is such an angel, especially since Ryan wasn't there to work him up. Everything checked out normal. I measured 36.5", so a little under 37 weeks, but I think I actually grew a lot today. Maybe not, but I feel a little more uncomfortable. So I think she had a growth spurt since yesterday. :)

All of her clothes have been washed and put away. All I need to do now is get out the white onesies from the boy clothes and anything else like socks I can use. I also need to wash the boppy. I am going to ask my mom to get the swing washed and set up while I am in the hospital. I don't really want it out until we NEED it. Can you imagine with these boys?

I still need to write down my hospital bag list, but her coming home outfit is washed and ready to go. I've ordered flowers and ribbon to make her some headbands and bows for the hospital. Her room still isn't completely ready. We did paint one panel of curtains, but we have to still put up the curtain rod and paint the other panel. Then we just need to arrange the furniture. I still need to make a pillow and the mobile, but I'll get to that later. :) For right now, I can almost say we are ready... we even bought some diapers! :)

The other night Jared rolled over and asked what my favorite names from the list were. I thought this was weird since he was initiating a baby names conversation. After I told him... I only had one favorite (Brynn) and the others were all about the same, he said that I could choose any of those names and he'd be happy. Well instead of jumping for joy I got mad. Basically to me that meant I could have put anything on that list and he would be okay with it. He said he just needed time to get used to the names. Well I only put names on there that I thought were ok with him that I thought were ok too, not necessarily ones I loved. So to me this meant having to go through names all over again. He thought this would make me happy... haha Sorry honey. Hormones don't work that way. :)

I went over baby names twice and still didn't feel like anything worked. Once you count it out, it's kind of hard to feel the name again. So I am pretty much in the same place. We have our six names and we'll see which one she fits best. I can't believe it's so soon! Eek!

Speaking of EEEK! My friend in my ward got us the cutest Halloween sleeper. I had been looking for the perfect one and she found it for me! :) It says Mommy's Little Pumpkin and has pumpkin feet and a ruffle butt. I couldn't be more happy about that!

So here is the comparison picture in the same shirt. I am definitely bigger with Brady. I am so happy I am not going to have a 9 pounder again! Especially birthing without an epidural. But I still look like I'm about to pop. Only 3-4 weeks to go!

1 comment:

Paul + Emily said...

Awww.. your beautiful little girl will be in your arms before you know it. Can't wait to see her in her cute pumpkin sleeper. How fun that she will be born right before all of the holidays. You are the most adorable pregnant lady ever!! So excited for you Shirley!