Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Quote

“Our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy.”

Balancing life has been crazy. I know that I can be SO much better with cleaning. My goal lately, is to clean the kitchen every day. That's it. And get some laundry done. I know that I can do this so that is a reachable goal.

When I saw this quote today I knew it was for me! It's so true! I am such a slow cleaner that if I were to keep my house really really clean, I would have no time for anything and how sad would that be? And really... as long as we're all healthy, a little mess never hurt any one. Okay, let's not lie to ourselves, a big mess never hurt any one. :)

And this is also a reminder that it's okay to get a little messy with the kids! Some of my greatest memories are of getting dirty. Yeah, it's not fun to clean, but completely worth it.

I just wanted to pass this along to all my blogging friends (and children who are reading this in the future.) We are so hard on ourselves as mothers, so hopefully this makes us all feel a little bit better! :)

6 comments:

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Love this! Live this! I should frame this!

Cody and Maegan Graham said...

SO true, Shirls! My Mom still tells a story about when my brothers were little (she had my oldest brother and then twins eleven months later). My grandma came over and my Mom was embarrassed that the house was dirty. My grandma told her, "I would wonder what kind of a mother you were if your house was CLEAN." :) You're an awesome Mom! We need to get together!

KW said...

Great quote!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

Love this! I love the quote! I am going to write it down and save it!

Jefra said...

Perfectly said!

Tina said...

Oh how I love this!!!