Monday, August 22, 2011

6 Years

On Friday, August 19th, Jared and I celebrated our 6th anniversary!

It is so wonderful being married to Jared. I feel so blessed to have him. He is such a great support to me and a wonderful father to our children. I love how he fits my needs perfectly. He makes me so happy that I want to be a better wife for him. I think when you truly want to make your spouse happy, then that is true love. :)

Every year on our anniversary we make sure to spend the night at a hotel. If we have a breastfeeding baby at home, we stay close, but we still make sure to go out. I don't know why, but that overnight out really helps us connect and renew what our marriage means to us. We feel rejuvenated and more in love than ever before. And this wouldn't be possible without my mom. Grandma Lisa is such a wonderful help by coming to our house and taking care of the boys. It's a tough job! But she does amazing.

On Friday night, Grandma came over and Ryan was SO excited! He was so excited that he could care less that Mommy and Daddy were leaving. All three of them came out to see us go, but Ryan got bored after a minute and you can see in the picture him running back into the house to play. You can see his head just behind the car. I'm so glad he loves Grandma so much that he doesn't mind seeing us go. :)

We headed to Red Lobster for dinner. It is so yummy! It has been about two years since we've eaten there. I got salmon and coconut shrimp and Jared got shrimp skewers and snow crab. Then we shared a cookie sundae. Yum!

We didn't get out of dinner in time for our movie so we had to go to the later one. We stopped by the theater to see what time the next showing was. There was NO line. For some reason we didn't buy the tickets then. I didn't realize there is a huge difference between regular price theaters and the dollar theater. When we got back to see the movie there was a huge line! I've never seen a line like this at regular priced theaters.

Fortunately, we got the last two tickets for X-Men: The First Class. Phew!
It was a fun movie and very interesting to see how X-Men got it's beginning.

After the movie we headed to Sonic to get some ice cream. I love how Provo has fast food open so late! It was after midnight and in Spanish Fork everything would be closed. :)

Yummy Sonic Blast with Reeses Cups! mmm!

Then we went back to our hotel. We stayed at the CottonTree Inn in Provo. It's a Best Western and was pretty nice. The bed was very comfy and the pillows were great too. I always bring our pillows just in case and I didn't use mine once. Jared used his, but that's because he likes pillows that barely lift your head. :) Our room had a nice view of the Provo River.

I guess I should say a nice view of the trees lining the Provo River. :)

We had breakfast at the hotel. Whoever invented continental breakfast is a genius. I love being able to eat as much as I want and having a nice variety. It's awesome!!

After the hotel, we headed home to drop off Brady's food. He had depleted it. Before he went to bed he ate 8 oz! Holy cow! He is definitely a growing boy! :)

Every anniversary we also go to the temple. Some years this is the only time we go. We definitely need to be better about that, but at least we make sure to go at this time. I love going to the temple. This time we did sealings since they needed proxies for them. It was nice to hear the covenants that we made on our wedding day and be reminded of what they mean. It might be a yearly tradition to do this! :)

We did a little bit of shopping after the temple. Then we ate lunch at A&W. We used to eat there all the time, but haven't eaten there since we moved from Provo. Jared LOVES A&W so it was a perfect ending to our day.

This anniversary was awesome. We didn't go any where special, but we got to spend special time with each other. It's amazing how special that time, without kids, is. It's crazy to realize how divided our attention is at home with all the kids and even after they go to bed with our other responsibilities. I look forward to our anniversary all year long. I love it. I can't wait until next year! Love you Jared! :)

What The Boys Were Up To

Cutting things with scissors.

Smiling.

Waiting for Grandma to make a bottle.

Playing in Grandma's car.

Clipping Grandma's nails.

More smiling.

Loving each other.

Loving each other a little bit too much.

Some sleeping.

Ryan saw this picture and told me about he slept in my bed with Grandma. Then he told me about how he ate Daddy's medicine (tums), a pink one, and Grandma said, "no, no!" lol

Playing outside with Myles' toys again.

Playing with clay that Grandma brought.

Playing with Ryan's new dump truck that Grandma got him.
He loves it!



More smiling.

Some eating and picnics.



Some playing with REAL tractors!

Some more sleeping for Brady.

Saying HI! to Mom and Daddy when they stopped by.

Playing in the backyard with toys.

Watching ants.

Being cute.

Playing in the water!

And loving Grandma!

Ryan had so much fun with Grandma! He wanted to go home with her. I was okay with that, but Grandma was tired from her 24 hours of fun. :) Ryan cried when Grandma left and talked about her all the next day.

We had a blast and are so grateful for my mom coming to babysit. The kids love her and she is so much fun with them. We all had a great anniversary and I know that Ryan is looking forward to next year! :)

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow! It was an all out party at your house! Congratulations on 6 years!

Jill said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I love those rare times to get away from the kids. I love all the pictures and by the way Shirley, you look beautiful!

Natalie said...

That's so fun! What a nice mother :) And you look so pretty! Dustin and I have tried to make it a tradition to go do sealings every anniversary. I think last year was the only year we didn't, and I can't remember why- but we did go walk around the temple! I think it was closed for the day or something... Our anniversary is next week so hopefully we'll make it again!

Lisa said...

You are welcome that I watched the boys while you and Jared were gone to do things on your anniversary 6 years.

Happy Anniversary!!!

I laughed because Ryan worn different clothes. Funny.

Ryan tried to cut Brady's clothes after cut the box, color book, and diaper.

Ryan loves to play outside a lot. He pulled me to see the tractors. I said that he needs shoes first then we could see them. He ran, grabbed his shoes and put them on. I said he needs to drink a lot water. He grabbed his cup and drunk plenty of water. We went out to see them. He loves them very much. It reminded of my nephew Jake Richards loves tractors, dump trucks, and mowers (near the park). I let Ryan sat and drive with the wheel. I saw him big smiling. I said time to go and go back to the house. He wanted to stay longer but tooooooo hot and avoid heatstroke. I pulled him and walked back home. He had red cheeks cute. I put the ice on his face then his turn to put the ice on my face LOL.

Yes Ryan pulled me to my car. I said that wait I get my keys. He stood at the door and waited for me. We went out. He could open the door wow and he climbed up into the car and he loves to drive LOL. He saw the car seat sits in the back. He said, "That is my car seat!!!" I laughed.

Ryan loves to play with water. The weather wind rolled in and saw lightning. I told Ryan that we better go into house now. Once we were in the house. Ryan removed the child safely knob, hid it in the laundry room, unlock dead knob and opened the door. Wow the thumbstorm rain rolled in and blew out. Ryan stood and watched. I ran to close the door. I opened the window blinds and Ryan watched them.

I used the raspberry sounds on Brady's stomach and it made him laugh or happy. He is cute. He is soooo good baby.

I put bounce on the island table and I put Brady on it so Ryan can't reach him or play with him. My mind is peace. :)

I haven't change my clothes, fix my hair, brush my tooth...I look old woman with pajam. The boys stole my own time hahaha.

Shirley thank you a lot!!! Brady had pooped a lot. I cleaned up the mess and changed clothes. Then 10 minutes later, Ryan had pooped a lot. I cleaned up the mess. LOL. Ryan stood up and ran to the bathroom. He sat a big toilet. Guess what? He lost balance and dropped bathroom tissue roll into the toilet. Ryan looked at me and said sorry. hahahaha. I am bad grandmother becuase I didn't put the tissue roll on the holder instead of I leave it sit on the holder. hahahaha. I am lazy LOL.

Ryan turned your laptop off the power. I couldn't use it because I don't know the password. He laughed and he signed "sorry". He is cute boy.

I love the boys.

Jefra said...

What a great anniversary! Sometimes simple is definitely the best. You and Jared are such a cute couple! Your boys look huge! Brady looks so big in that picture of your mom holding him! And that's awesome that he will take a bottle. I remember that Cannon went on a bottle strike when he was 2 months old. Your mom is so nice to come out and watch the boys for you.

KW said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great way to spend an anniversary. I think it's important to get out just the two of you on a special day like that. You look super cute in the picture at Red Lobster.

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Happy Anniversary Shirley! I'm so glad you got to go out and celebrate! You deserve it! I can't believe how much your boys look alike when they're sleeping! And I second the "you look super cute in the pic at Red Lobster".

Tina said...

Congratulations on another year of marriage! You two make some beautiful children :) And you look so skinny Shirley! I loved all the photos and seeing what you did to celebrate and what your kiddos were up to while you were away. What a blessing to have your mother available to babysit.

Cheers to another beautiful year of marriage!

Paul + Emily said...

CONGRATULATIONS on 6 years of marriage! That is so wonderful!! It sounds like you two had a blast together!!! So glad that you guys could get away and I love the tradition of going to the temple for your anniversaries! I might just have to steal that one from you guys!! You and your husband got some pretty adorable pictures together that you are going to have to get framed! You guys make such a cute couple!!!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

well. .. .I am not sure who had more fun, you or the boys ha ha, I am kinda thinking the boys may have, j/k. But That looks like so much fun, your so lucky you have a mom willing to take your kids overnight, Ben and I want an overnight so bad, but I highly doubt it will ever happen, we don't know anyone willing to take our 3 monsters. I LOVE the pictures on the Tractor! They are so cute! I love that you and Jared took pics while you were out too. I am gonna have to say this is one of my favorite posts!