Anyway, we have started doing Family Home Evenings and I love it! Most of the time they are just simple. We either go out or stay home, but each time we make sure to have a little lesson. We haven't missed a week since we started. Go us! :)
I've been wanting to do an FHE at the temple for quite awhile. Ryan knows what temples look like since Easter when he got a picture of the Salt Lake temple that is in his room. Above our bed is a picture of the Jordan River Temple with us in front of it as a newly married couple. And right out our window is a view of our church which Ryan loves to call "The Temple!" Every time we drive by our church he exclaims, "It's the temple!" So I wanted to take him to a big temple in person.
We went to eat dinner at Sizzler and had our first "our child is so loud, I'm so sorry" outing. He just loves singing the ABC song as loud as he can. Oy! :)
Then we headed to the temple. He loved seeing it! And he loved the fountains! Then we took a walk around the grounds and he loved running as far as he could on the grass. It was fun chasing after him... haha. We played chase for quite awhile. We also stopped and smelled the flowers. He tried to pick them. Okay he picked a few. But it was fun smelling them! He loves to smell things.
We told him that the temple is God's house and that it is special. We told him how Mommy and Daddy got married there. And that's pretty much it. A perfect FHE! :)
5 comments:
That does look like you and your family had a perfect FHE!! Way to go having FHE consistently for so long now!! You are such a great Mom! I LOVE the picture of you and him by the waterfall! Absolutely beautiful!!! I love Ryan's little smiles! He is so handsome!
You left out the best part of the story!! Steven was SINGING "I HATE to see the temple" but SIGNING "I LOVE to see the temple" so mom and dad didn't know.
Haha!
I think that sounds like a great FHE! And it's so good Ryan knows about the temple.
Right, I had no idea and no clue what Steven said and signed "Go to the Temple" until Steven was on his mission, I found a video tape so Nancy and I watched it. Nancy laughed and laughed. She explained to me about "Hate to go to the temple" that was what Steven said. Steven kept smiling and nice signed but said is not good. LOL, I was shocked. Nancy grabbed a recorder and copied it and mailed it to Steven. I bet He is embarrassed or he laughed so hard.
Nancy told you about it. We all watched and you listened, you laughed. Steven was funny boy.
I asked Steven about it. Steven replayed he doesn't know why he do that. He was funny boy.
The life after death, Jesus will show Steven Steven's life book (maybe it called "life recorder") I am SURE Jesus and Steven will laugh and joy.
I am happy you show and talk to Ryan about the temples. The temples are wonderful.
That is a perfect FHE! And way to go on being 100% so far! Cannon LOVES the temple, but when we did our FHE on the temple we could only watch youtube videos. We are still two hours away from our temple (in Orlando) and I wished we lived closer. But we'll get to take him again when we go to Disney next month. And I'm jealous that you have nice outside weather. The heat is starting to get to me a little.
I LOVE THAT!! Cambree loves the temples, she gets so excited everytime we drive by them. Your so full of good ideas I love it! I need to think more like you! The pictures you got there are so good I love them, I think my favorite is the last one with you and Ryan, its so sweet!
Post a Comment