Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

I always like to celebrate holidays all week long!

My mom offered to have Ryan sleep over one time and what better time than Valentine's weekend?

I dropped Ryan off Friday morning and spent the rest of the day shopping! I haven't perfected the art of shopping for clothes with Ryan yet, so I took advantage! My body wasn't too happy with me though. Apparently being pregnant means don't go shopping for 5 hours! :)

Before I went shopping, Jared and I went to lunch at P.F. Changs. We had a gift card there so we ordered some lettuce wraps (yum!) and a beef and broccoli bowl. It was way good!

Then after Jared got off work, we went out to eat at La Dolce Vita. It is a yummy Italian restaurant in Provo. The last time we went was when I was pregnant with Ryan. They had a great deal for two entrees, two drinks, soup or salad, and dessert, all for $25! This is quite the steal for this place. We both ordered what we always order there, Spaghetti for Jared and Spinach Ravioli stuffed with artichoke for me. I told Jared last night that we should go back soon because it is SO good! We finished off the meal with chocolate mousse. So delicious!

Here are some pictures from Grandma's sleepover.

The next morning, we met my mom at my Grandma's birthday party at Aunt Holly's.

Ryan ate for the first time at the little kid table. Such a big moment! :)

Grandma turning 75! Isn't she cute? I don't think she looks a day over 50! :)

Holly recently got some chickens and all the kids were checking them out.

After Grandma's party, we went to our friend Porter's birthday party. It was so much fun! My friend Emily did a great job putting it together. She had a fun pinata that the boys got to take turns hitting on. Then they enjoyed the candy afterward!

My mom is always doing fun things for Valentine's Day. She gave Jared and me two glasses, a balloon, and a card. Saturday night, we had popcorn and drank from our cute glasses and watched a movie.

Ryan wanted to do something fun for the grandparents for Valentine's Day. He sure loves his grandparents! We made some cards for all of them.

On Valentine's Day, Jared and I didn't do anything super special since we got to celebrate on Friday. But you can't NOT do anything on Valentine's Day. So Ryan made Daddy a Valentine's Day card.

Here are some videos of Ryan gluing the hearts on.



We hopped in the car and drove to Krispie Kreme's and got Daddy a dozen glazed donuts, his favorite!, and drove to his work. We surprised him with the donuts and card. He loved it!

Later that night, we got a surprise visit from Grandma! She wanted to stop by and give a little Valentine's Day love to Ryan. She gave him a huge balloon, a coloring book, stickers, and a little thing of chocolates. Ryan was mostly glad to see Grandma! :) He loves her so much!

Here is a video of Ryan opening Grandma's present.


We had such a great Valentine's Day weekend! I love my family so much. I am very lucky to have Jared as my husband. He is quite amazing and patient! I am so lucky to have Ryan. He makes me smile at least once every 5 minutes. He is so cute! And I am lucky to have my family and my in-laws. I don't think a girl can be more lucky. I love you all so much!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Valentines Day!!!

You are right that I always have fun stuff on Valentines, July 4th, Christmas, Halloween and Patricks Day, etc. I enjoy them.

I am happy Ryan was surprsied to see me. He sat and ate dinner. He opened his eyes wide and said grandma!!! I gave him a huge balloon with a hole. I never see it before. I am bad grandma because I punch through hole to Ryan...hahahaha just play.

First night he cried a little and kept saying mommy for one hour. He removed his pacificer from his mouth and put it on my bed then he listened his bear song and went sleeping. He is cute.

Next morning he slept. I got out of bed and I walked slow and quiet. I made quiche for my mother's breakfast birthday party. Ryan got up, came up to me and said "Juice!!!" Wow he must be early bird person LOL.

I enjoyed to have him sleep overnight.

Natalie said...

Mmmmm Krispy Kreeeeme (drool) Those pictures of him at your Mom's house are so cute! You all are so fun!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

How fun! I love the cards you made!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

How cute and fun!! We didn't really do anything for V day this year, I wanted to do fun stuff with Cambree but just didn't have the time so we missed it this year, but still sent ben out a fun V-day package so I guess that kinda counts maybe??? ha ha But all the pictures are so cute! Ryan looks like he had so much fun!

KW said...

Sounds like a great week!!