Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandma Lisa!

My mom turned the big 52 in January!

Doesn't she look so pretty?! She definitely doesn't look a day over 25! ;)

We had everyone over at our house, which made me realize that our table was either getting smaller, or our family was getting bigger!

We had Crockpot Chicken Tacos, SO YUMMY!, and Grandma Richards brought a yummy fruit salad. We tried out our Magic Bullet to make some guacamole and salsa, and I was less than impressed. I returned it, but I've yet to try the new one out. I hope it works! We still ate it all and it was yummy!

There were about 5 other pictures of Steven making funny faces, hence this face... "Mom, please stop taking pictures of me!" Although, Ryan loved going through all of Steven's funny faces. :)

After dinner we played a fun game where you draw a picture, pass the paper and the next person writes a caption for your picture, then you fold over the picture and the next person has to draw a picture based on the caption, fold over the caption, and the next person writes a caption based on THAT picture. Kind of confusing? lol well it's really fun! It's kind of like telephone, but you're drawing. :)

For example, Jonathon wrote that he was sad that he had only a little to eat (he's on HCG diet) and his stomach was mad at him. That caption ended with Jonathon getting kicked out of BYU for getting knocked up. There were tons others that were SO funny!

We played twice and had a blast! We all laughed SO hard!

Once you are done playing, you show/read your original caption to everyone. Ryan thought it was so much fun! He decided to grab his paper he was writing on and act like he was showing everyone and laughing up a storm. It was SO so so cute.

Then we sang Happy Birthday to my mom. Ryan of course had to have a turn (or three) to blow out candles.

He almost burned his head blowing them out! lol See the video.


I think the party turned out great, and I even got a thumb up from my mom! Yeah!

Happy Birthday Mom! We love you and hope you have a wonderful year being 52!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That game sounds fun. You guys are funny

Ben and Cjirsten said...

that looks like so much fun! Family parties are always super fun!

KW said...

Oh that sounds like a fun game. I am going to have to try that one out.

Lisa said...

Shirley

Thank you for inviting me over and had a nice dinner and had game.

I had good time. I enjoyed my birthday.

I am happy Ryan had good time to play with us the game. He is smart boy.

One thing I felt funny...I felt like we are in China and there is only one child in the family. LOL.

I look forward to add more grandchildren from Steven, Nancy and you :)