Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Big Boy Bed

I was waiting to post about Ryan's big boy bed when I finished his quilt, but I took the cutest picture today, and I have to post it!

Ryan had been climbing out of his bed for awhile so we finally bit the bullet (is that the phrase? :) and bought a mattress. We decided to buy a regular twin mattress instead of a toddler bed because the new baby will need the crib mattress and eventually Ryan will need a bed, right? So I searched for the best deal on a good bed and we were set! Grandma came down and helped us bring it home.

Ryan's first night on his big boy bed!

He was VERY excited! And didn't want to sit still for a picture!

Here's a video of him playing for a little bit.


After looking at beds for a twin mattress, I realized they were really expensive. :) I decided to get bunk beds and just use one for Ryan and save the other one for Brady (name still tentative). Hopefully we'll save more in the long run.

I ordered the bunk bed from Walmart and it took FOREVER for it to come in. Ryan slept with the mattress on the floor for almost two weeks. It wasn't too bad though. He loved to get a huge running start and fall onto the mattress.

Ryan helped Daddy put the bunk bed together. He is so handy. :)

So now, Ryan is just waiting on his mommy to finish his stinkin' cute quilt. I almost have the top piece done. Once it's all done, I'll show the final picture of his bed.

Now to today.... I put Ryan down for a nap and he wasn't ready to sleep, I guess. He played for about 40 minutes in his room. When it was finally quiet, I went in to make sure the silence was him sleeping and I saw this:

So cute!

I absolutely love this little boy and everything about him. Even if he's been calling me Shirley instead of Mom. :)

8 comments:

Natalie said...

He is too cute! I love him pushing all the stuff off his bed in the video. Tehe. Boys.

The Larchars said...

They are so excited to having big beds- now lets hope he'll stay in it- such a roller coaster battle. I really love the wood color you chose for his bed. So nice with the green accents you have going on in his room- looks fantastic!

Gary said...

Cute Ryan and his new bed! hahaha! :)

Lisa said...

I am happy Ryan loves his new bed :)

He sleeps more and all night than he was sleeping in the crib and kept waking in middle of nights.

One thing...he is hardly climbing up to his bed. Good thing...I bought a wood step and I kept it in the car...It was for bathroom at my house. Now you and I watched Ryan tried to get on the bed. I ran, I got the wood step and I brought it to his room. I put it againist his room so he can climb on the bed easy.

Did he use it a lot?

Smile....

KW said...

I can't believe he is in a big boy bed!! He is too cute sleeping in that bed.

Jefra said...

I've been waiting for you to post about his new bed. It looks like the transition went pretty well. I fear the day we'll have to move Cannon out of his crib. I think he could climb out of it, but he doesn't dare to. I love the bed you chose, it's so cute! And I can't wait to see his quilt. I can't believe you made him a quilt-you rock!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

So cute!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

How cute!!! Its fun when they get out of the crib, I am excited for Kayden to get out and get his own bed.