The weird thing is some of these videos and pictures are almost two months old. It's crazy to look back and see how much he's grown in just that amount of time.
Well January was filled with lots of fun stuff. Luckily, I've blogged about some of it already so this post won't be TOO long. Well not for my blog at least. :)
I get packages pretty often because of my job and I have our diapers shipped to us. And after Christmas, Ryan knew what to do with the boxes that came through our front door. He's seen Mommy open them lots! One day I went in the downstairs bathroom. I was really surprised that Ryan didn't follow me in. I should have known he was up to something at that moment!
Instead, I just thought how nice it was that he could keep himself busy while I snuck to the bathroom. Then I walked out and freaked! During those precious two minutes, Ryan had pulled a chair to the kitchen drawers, pulled out scissors, and attempted cutting open the box of wipes I had sitting in the hall for who knows how long. As dangerous as it was, it was cute, so I got pictures. Don't worry, after pictures I took the scissors away. :) He's done this a few times except with knives he sneaked from the dishwasher. Oy!
For meals, I now say to Ryan, "Time to get in your high chair!" He then pulls a chair over and hops in. The first time he did this was amazing to me. He wanted to eat, but I didn't have his food ready yet. So what's a toddler to do?? I can just imagine him thinking, "Mom brings me food when I get in my high chair, so if I get in my high chair, I get to eat!" It's amazing to see his analytical thinking growing. :)
Here's a video of it!
Grandma came with us to do errands one day in Orem and we stopped at the University Mall's play area. It is amazing! I wish Provo Towne mall had one like this. Ryan loved it and cried when we left. This play area is a good enough excuse to make the trip up to Orem. Thanks Grandma for taking all the pictures while Mommy got to shop a little. :)
Here is a video of Ryan watching Daddy shoot hoops. When Jared would miss, Ryan got the biggest kick out of it. I love his laugh!
If a toddler wants animal crackers and he can't reach the bottom, the best solution? Dump out the whole box. Make sure to do it all while Mommy is across the room and can't get to you in time. If you do this, you will get animal crackers AND you will get to play with the camera. It's fun, try it!
Grandma always brings toys for Ryan when she visits. She found this cute animal shelter (it says hospital, but it looks more like a shelter with bright cheery colors) that comes with keys for each of the doors. She had three little animals with it too. Ryan loves this toy! He totally knows how it works too. And if it happens to not work? Just stick your finger in the whole and twist. That works too.
We have these lovely washing gloves for my mom. She hates doing dishes without the gloves. If I want her to do the dishes while she is here, I better have some for her! Ryan has seen her washing with them, so he wanted to try them out! He thought they were sure fun!
Here is another video of our cutie. We were learning the "I Love You" song. He's just so funny.
My Aunt Sandy has a cute little girl that is a little bit older than Ryan. Ryan always loves to play at their house because of all the different toys. One of his favorite toys is a stroller. Every time we would be at their house, he was drawn to this stroller and he would stroll it around every where he went. Luckily, they have lots of strollers so we were able to borrow this one. He LOVES it! He pushes it around almost everyday. I find him pushing stuff around or him sitting in it! One thing about it though, is he has to have the bottom cloth part off of the stroller. He doesn't want it attached, so don't even think about it. Maybe it makes for easier sitting, who knows? :)
The TV is almost always on in our house. Ryan can turn it on and I think he just likes the noise. He mostly plays and will stop to watch if there is a fun song on. So this is why I was SO surprised to see him do this! He pulled up a pillow and laid down in front of the TV! I think he must have been tired or something. Once I came over to take a picture of him, he got right up and wanted the camera. I ruined the moment for him. :) Doesn't he look so comfy!?
We had been trying to get Ryan to sing I'm Trying to be Like Jesus for a long time. This is one of those attempts. He was just being so fun the whole video I had to put it up.
Ryan has watched me do the dishes a ton! And because of this, he knows that dishes include bubbles. One day while I was making dinner, he demanded bubbles! I filled up a pot with water and bubbles and it kept him very happy. He even tried to wash himself. Cute boy! (See the bubbles on his cheek? :)
Grandma helped us with bringing Ryan's new big boy mattress home. This picture was from that night... either that or when we brought home the bunk bed. Either way, it's WAY too cute to not post.
We have had a very interesting two months in dealing with Ryan and bed time. I won't bore you with the details, or maybe I did already and I can't remember, anyhoo, when we got the big boy bed Ryan was able to get right out of bed. We had to keep the door open because he demanded it at the time. So we would sit outside of his door and put him back to bed a million times. It was always dark in the hallway so I think he thought he could sneak around us, lol. Jared would stand right next to his door and Ryan would try to tip toe in front of him. At one point, we just sat by the stairs and that's when I caught this picture. Since we were blocking the stairs, he was going to go under the rail! Sorry, Bug, you're a little too big to do that!!! He tried this MANY times. So silly!
Pancakes for breakfast after bath night is not usually the best idea. Your child will have hair like this. I guarantee it!
One night for dinner we had tacos and chips and salsa. Ryan LOVES chips and especially dipping. While we were hanging out in the living room, we caught Ryan up on the table enjoying his chips and dip! He is just so cute. I love him!
We are working on smiling and this is the best we can do, and I mean this is the best picture I've had since! lol
Here is a video of Ryan playing with his basketball hoop. It's just so cute.
I feel so blessed to be this little boy's mom. He is so special to me and I am amazed at how much he grows each month! It's crazy! Did you know that in less than a month he will be TWO!? Wow. I am so proud of him and I can't wait for more fun this coming year. Thanks for being the cutest little boy ever, Ryan! We love you!
He is so cute and clever! These boys have so many things in common and when I read your posts about Ryan it's like I'm reading about Cannon. I can't wait to hear what life will be like with two!
I love all the pictures and i so want to take my kids up to that play thing. . . now if only I was brave enough to drive. . . .I will have to work on that, Ryan is so bid now it blows my mind how much he has grown! In your 32 week picture I think you look way pretty by the way, It love that picture.. .Ryan is cute too. . .and well Jared. . .eh. . . .ha ha ha just kidding, I just have to tease Jared for good old times :)
4 comments:
He is so cute and clever! These boys have so many things in common and when I read your posts about Ryan it's like I'm reading about Cannon. I can't wait to hear what life will be like with two!
I can't believe Ryan is a real boy now, not baby no more :(
Of course he keeps growing and growing to be young man.
Thank you for sharing the videos and the pictures.
Ryan is a big busy everyday. :)
He looks so big! What a cutie!
I love all the pictures and i so want to take my kids up to that play thing. . . now if only I was brave enough to drive. . . .I will have to work on that, Ryan is so bid now it blows my mind how much he has grown! In your 32 week picture I think you look way pretty by the way, It love that picture.. .Ryan is cute too. . .and well Jared. . .eh. . . .ha ha ha just kidding, I just have to tease Jared for good old times :)
Post a Comment