Thursday, April 15, 2010

Signing Grandma Before Mom

Ryan saw the picture of him and Grandma on Easter when I was playing videos during lunch. It looked like he knew who she was so I said, Grandma, and signed grandma. Well he took right to it! Although it sounded like he said mom, so I thought maybe it was mom too. Not so!

I have been trying to get him to sign mom for days now and he won't do it. I brought up this picture again and, you guessed it, he signed Grandma! I guess he loves her more than me. :)



He has been signing so much now. He says and signs Dad, bath, more, dog (knowing what dog is as well), cheese, blowing kisses, dance, and I think that's it for today. I think signing has been the best thing for him to learn how to say things. Although, he is now starting to copy what I say more. He says Uh Oh ALL the time. I wake up in the morning to him practicing that. Even as I type, he is saying it upstairs while getting his diaper changed. :) He says kick, when I do. He is even saying please and thank you to copy me. There are a bunch of others, but I can't remember them. He's so cute. I love him oh so much!

I hope you appreciate this video, Grandma! You are loved. :)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

He is so cute. I am happy he remembers me.

I understand he doesn't know what "mom" is but he did signs "dad" and it means "mom" when you went to the bathroom, he cried and he wanted you. He signed "dad" and he said "dad". He knows you and you are his mother.

Someday he will pick sign and word "mom" up soon. I will see him tomorrow. I will teach him "mom" often.

Emily :) said...

Oh my goodness gracious! Are you kidding me! When I watched that video, my heart just melted. What a smart and sweet little boy!! That is INCREDIBLE all that he is able to sign! WOW!! I just want to watch that video over and over! What a sweetheart!! :)

Ben and Cjirsten said...

LOLOL That video is so cute!!!!!

Tina said...

That is wonderful!!! You are so sweet to acknowledge how much he loves his grandma but you know, you are his mother and you will always be his favorite (well till his teens anyways :) )

AliCherie has started calling James momma. She calls nearly everyone that she likes momma now. We were at the park yesterday and another mom gave her some treats so AliCherie called her momma!

Like your mother said, he knows you even if he doesn't get the right name :)

Since you are always with him, there isn't as great of a need for him to say your name :)

He is incredibly SMART!!!! I cannot believe how much he is talking. That is such an admirable reflection on the time and attention that you give to him. A true sign that you are an amazing momma!

southernbelleang said...

What a cute video. He is such a smart little guy. :)

Gary said...

So cute! I laughed watching him sign grandma. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a few weeks while attending the graduation of Nancy!