Friday, April 2, 2010

Jungle Jims

My friend Emily invited us to go with her and her cute son, Porter, to Jungle Jims. It's like a play place with kid carnival rides. We were so excited to go! She does the funnest stuff with her little boy, so I am so glad she invited us.

Ryan did really well with all the rides. I even took him on the little roller coaster, which was WAY faster than it looks. There were mostly circling rides. I don't do well on those! But since they are kid ones, it wasn't too bad. He didn't seem to LOVE them, but he didn't hate them either. I think he enjoyed getting out of the house and hanging out with his friend Porter. Poor Porter was pretty scared of most of the rides. I felt so bad. We just need to go again when the kiddos are a little bit older and the rides aren't so scary! Thanks again, Emily, for inviting us! It was so nice to see you and we had a lot of fun!

The first ride we went on was the Merry Go Round. Ryan was really nervous on this one. He was gripping my arms so hard! And he was whimpering a little bit. I guess those horses do look a bit scary! He got through it without crying though.

Waiting in line for the bumper cars. He loved the bars!

The second ride was the bumper cars. Don't worry, he didn't go himself! I sat on the edge of the car and drove it. He was kind of indifferent about it, as you can see by the last photo.

Next we went on the roller coaster. It was so fast that Ryan was bunched up next to me. It looked like he was cuddling, but really he had no choice. That was kind of fun. He did really good! I was so surprised. :)

Next we went on the airplanes. He was okay with that one too. It took me forever to learn how to get the plane in the air though. I think he liked the thrill of it going up. I wish I learned how to do it before the last minute! We will go again, though!

They had a little jungle gym/play place thing. Ryan had fun climbing up the stairs so I went to put my purse back in my car and when I came back, he was crying! Poor Emily had two crying toddlers to take care of inside the gym! Poor little guys! Once I got back, though Ryan was okay and started playing with these yellow things. I wish I got a picture of him climbing the steps. It was so cute. He is becoming so independent! While I was taking pictures of Emily and Porter, he would walk away and go stare at people. There was one guy he was truly enamored with! He stared at him for like 5 minutes. Haha. Of course, he was completely straight faced. No smiles. Probably made the poor guy feel so awkward! But Ryan loves to watch people, so it was a good place for that too.


He's started hitting his head or his mouth over and over again. It's pretty hilarious. That's what he's doing here.

Teacups were next! I had to ask the guy to not spin us, or else I was going to throw up. How do kids do it? As I get older and older, I can't stand spinning rides more and more. To be young again! haha. Ryan liked these. You can see him gripping the side of the cup. Smart kid, huh?

Porter was having a hard time with the noise, we think, so we went over by the party area to get a break. The boys were having fun copying each other in pounding on the tables. It was so cute! They play really well together! They wanted to get into the balloons they had there for the parties. Ryan got so mad when I wouldn't let him. Sorry, Bub! Aren't these boys adorable?!

We went on the Merry Go Round one more time. Ryan liked it a lot more this time. He was still wanting to hold on to me some of the time, but mostly held on himself. After the ride was over, he wanted to go again. He was trying to shake the pole to get it to move. I can't believe he is old enough to ride on his own like this. Doesn't he look so big!? I am so glad he is adventurous. Maybe I won't be as glad in a few more months when he starts getting more independent AND adventurous. I will have to keep an eye on him! :)

I love this picture of us.

Thanks again Emily for inviting us and taking all these fun pictures! I'm so glad we're friends! :)

5 comments:

Jefra said...

That place looks like so much fun! I know Cannon would love riding all the rides. We took him to the rodeo, but he was only big enough to ride a couple of rides.

He'll probably take to milk after a while if you keep offering it to him. My nephew refused to drink milk for a long time, but his mom would continue to offer it to him. It took a long time, but now he LOVES milk! But I know how frustrating it is. But since you're still nursing twice a day it's not too concerning that he won't drink milk yet. You can give him whole milk yogurt too if he likes it.

Emily :) said...

Thanks so much for coming with us Shirley! I love the pictures of you and Ryan on the rides!!! Ryan did such a great job there. Poor little Porter didn't do so great. I am so sorry he was so fussy! We'll have to try a place a little more quiet next time! :) It was so great seeing you again! We'll have to plan another play date soon! :)

Ben and Cjirsten said...

Ryan is so dang cute! That is so much fun that you took him! I need to do more fun things like that with Cambree. The last pic of you and him on the horse is so cute! You totally need to print that one out and frame it for like his room or a play room or something it would be so cute!!

Tina said...

Oh!!! That looks like so much fun. I am going to see if there is one here. Now I really want to go :) You are such a wonderful mother!

Nancy said...

I love your shirt in this. I want it.

Looks like you guys had a fun time! Do you think Ryan is ready for six flags now? Just let me know.