Monday, April 12, 2010

Library

We went to the library today to go to story time. I saw my other friends taking their little one-year-olds and thought maybe Ryan would like it.

Well.... he liked it. I think. haha. But he wasn't really paying attention and wanted to 1. eat the cord that was attached to the stereo if he could get it unplugged. 2. Leave the story time room just because he knows he's not supposed to. When I got out there he was looking back for me and he started running when he saw me. What a stinker! haha.

His favorite part was when they handed out instruments and he could shake his maracas. He was all smiles. I forgot to take pictures. :( That part was cute. Until he went and stole another kid's instrument.

I was thinking maybe he isn't old enough for it, but one of the ladies who is in my ward said that it takes time for them to be good at it. I didn't even think of it that way, so we will be there next week! (Maybe I'll not be too shy to take pictures.:) There were three women from my ward there, and it was so fun to see them. Yeah, I think we'll definitely be back.

Story time is right when Ryan likes to take his naps so I was lucky he didn't fall asleep on the way home. But right when I laid him down in his crib, he closed his eyes and went to sleep. What a cutie. :)

5 comments:

Ash said...

I already take Bianca to story time and she loves it! I think Ryan will like it more and more as you take him. Who DOESN'T love maracas??

Emily :) said...

Aww..he is so cute! We took Porter to story time for the first time when he was 8 months and he loves it! :) I am so glad you are going..it is so good for kids!

Jefra said...

Story time is so fun. There is a learning curve though. I used to take the two boys I nannied for before they turned one and after a while they were better behaved than a lot of the older toddlers. And the families that take their kids to story time regularly learn to value books and libraries. I really want to start taking Cannon. We went to one before and he really liked it (well he liked the music). All the story times were during his morning nap, but now he is starting to go down later so I think we will start going regularly.

Tina said...

How FUN!

Timing these outings with nap time can be challenging, eh? I agree, it takes time for the little ones to get into these different outings... then they get real good :)

I LOVE the sleeping pic and I am insanely jealous :) You're such a wonderful momma!

Ben and Cjirsten said...

Oh he is so sweet I thought about taking Cambree to story time before but I never have I just stay home and read to her instead