Well I officially am at home now! There are good and bad things to it. I was able to start earlier because I have been having some really painful braxton-hicks contractions that just get worse if I don't lay down. At work there really is no place I can lay down and they can hurt pretty bad. After work on Tuesday, they were hurting pretty bad. I had my appointment on Wednesday and asked about them and it of course was normal so I just thought I could stick it out another week. Well by the end of Wednesday, they were really bothering me. I woke up Thursday and after being up for about 20 minutes, they were hurting already. I just couldn't imagine living with it without laying down all day. I called my midwives and they said if they were that bad that they would write me a note to have me out until I deliver.
They did want me to go into the hospital to just make sure they weren't real contractions. I didn't think they were, because they were irregular and would get better when I was laying down. We went though and made sure everything was okay. I had a few small contractions, but nothing major. Yay! I really don't want him to come early. So I went home and just laid down pretty much the rest of the day.
I've been doing a good job at resting and not exerting myself. It's amazing what little things bring up the BH contactions. I can't do dishes for more than a couple minutes, any cooking or cleaning can bring them on too. So I just have to do things for short periods of time and then rest. I am really glad I didn't have to go on bedrest earlier on in the pregnancy. I would go crazy! I really hate daytime TV, can only watch TLC/HGTV for so long, political channels just piss me off, and there is only so much you can do on the internet. I have a few things I can do like scrapbooking and cleaning to get ready for the baby. But those things I can only do for so long before I need to lay down. I really wish I could lay down at work and still have something to do! I am going to the library today to get some books, if I feel up to it. :)
Any suggestions for things you can do while laying down to keep me from going crazy? Thanks!
4 comments:
If TLC and HGTV are out, I guess books are the next best thing. I can't imagine what that must be like. Good luck, though.
You could lie down on the couch while playing video games.
I would say lucky you for not being at work, but your situation isn't sounding too appealing!
Good luck, and feel better!
Gosh it sounds like you are getting close! Have they checked to see if you are dialating?? Hang in there. It does end. And it's a happy thing! :)
hand held back massagers, foot baths (you can kinda lay back), lots of great movies on dvd, head massagers (anything that massages) word puzzles, phone calls,eating, if you know how to knit or croche, paint, color in coloring books, listen and sing along to great music, computer stuff if you have lap top or something... I can't think of anything else, but I'll let you know if I do.
I had some pretty painful braxton hix with Megan. I had a lot of braxtons with the other to as well, but was never able to feel any of them. Maybe you will be the same. :) Glad you're home.
I got another one, think of the craziest ice cream sunday, have your hubby run around in circles gathering all of the stuff for it. He can bring it all to you on a great big tray, each ingredient in a little bowl then you can decorate your sunday and eat it. (He should probably scoop the ice cream for you and have it in a bowl already too.)
You can paint your belly too, I hear that's all the rage right now. It'll probably be good for some entertainment.
Ok, I think that's all I got right now. Love you.
It will all be over soon. You're getting to the best part. Little new babies are sooooooooo wonderful! :)
Post a Comment