Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!



I personally feel that everyday is Valentine's Day. Jared treats me so well that today is just an excuse to do something extra special for fun. So basically all we did extra was we went to McGrath's Fishhouse. It's a day that allows you to spend a little more than you normally would. :) We got steak and lobster tail. We also got won tons with shrimp and scallops in it. It was soo good. I've also learned that I may need to start sitting at tables with chairs rather than at booths. It's just not comfortable having your belly touch the table. :)






I also surprised Jared with writing on our mirror with lipstick. I don't know if I should have done that because I will have to clean it up too! I wonder if I will clean it before the baby comes! lol.


We got our pack n play and got it all set up in our room. I couldn't believe how much bigger it was than I thought. I do love it though. Hopefully it works out and it fits our needs. If anyone has any suggestions about using a pack n play as a bassinet and how it's worked for you, let me know! I am pretty sure I will need all the help I can get. :)

5 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Valentine's Day. Good luck cleaning that mirror since we all know men will just leave it there till we clean it off. :)

Meagan said...

Shirley, It's good to hear from you. What a cute blog. I'm so excited for you- being a mom is sometimes diffiuclt, but it is the most rewarding and joyful thing you can do as well. It's the greatest- I love being a mom and you'll be great!! I'm also loving the little guys name- Ryan, that's my hubbies name and my boys middle name! So cute- I love it. Good luck with everything I'm sure all will go well. It's an amazing experience. Keep in touch.

Missy said...

Happy valentines day!! (belated) Try dish soap to clean the mirror. It works for other types of grease- like substances. It was a cute idea.

Unknown said...

Your husband is so sweet to write that on the mirror!
You both look so happy and contented! Very cute post : )

Lindsey said...

looks like a very happy valentines day! I spent the day snuggling with sick kids and packing to move back to Seattle :(
We still have Molly in her pack n play bassinet in our room. I think it works great. We can just barely squeeze it in to the corner in our little bedroom, but it is nice to have her close. I'm not ready to move her into her shared room with Sam yet. Sam was happy to sleep in a pack n play until just a few weeks ago and he is 2 1/2. Now he can hop right out. I've had many friends that kept their kids in them until they moved them into a twin bed and skipped the traditional crib altogether. Not a bad way to go especially if space it tight.